New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can’t get my head around any blue wanting the team to fail & lose games in order to get a manager out the club quicker!
Or to purposely go to games to make the managers job harder by booing him. By doing that you are effectively wanting us to lose games! Crazy

And btw I didn’t want him either but it is what it is and I want my team to win games and try to achieve something which becomes even harder the more vile we are at games
i think the honest answer is, most blues dont rate him as a manager and who can blame them. they are of the (correct imo)opinion that he as done nothing for years and is more or less on the level of an allardyce type. the fact that he is an RS makes him an easier target but on footballing grounds alone the appointment is a joke.

if for example it was klopp coming in, or even rodgers, the reaction would be far more muted.

I’m not very knowledgeable about managerial searches but I just don’t get it. It seems very few clubs would recommend his services. Seems toxic. Minimal recent success.

Add to that virtually no supporter approval for the hire and the fact that it’s dragged on giving us plenty of time to move in a different direction…

It’s a move that seems somehow simultaneously bold yet depressingly predictable.

I think Benitez will be great and i support the appointment.

However once in post he has to realise that all kopite ties must be severed. Any further comments regarding him loving the RS fans or that dirge and no matter how the team is doing his position will be automatically untenable. But i think he's smart enough to realise that.

Interesting point this, but if we had the guarantee of funds surly we could of attracted someone else? also we have shown can spend money but easily waste it
You’d have to assume we’ve approached the intermediaries/agents of the likes of conte and been given short shrift whatever war chest has been offered.

Agree we’re masters at wasting cash but I live in hope that we’ll finally get a few right - to be fair the four lads we added last summer were an improvement on previous windows - give me the two leverkusen wide men, Aaron’s and Laporte (now he’s not first choice at city) and old moshiri can appoint whoever he likes!!

i think the honest answer is, most blues dont rate him as a manager and who can blame them. they are of the (correct imo)opinion that he as done nothing for years and is more or less on the level of an allardyce type. the fact that he is an RS makes him an easier target but on footballing grounds alone the appointment is a joke.

if for example it was klopp coming in, or even rodgers, the reaction would be far more muted.

And to be honest there’s a lot of points you’ve made that I agree with.

BUT when all is said and done he’s still going to be our manager (rightly or wrongly) and for that reason in my opinion he has to be supported until he gives us a reason, whilst managing our club to not be.

Why make Goodison even more toxic then it already is? Support the manager, support the team and let’s try and win some bloody games

Reactions: Lob

Yep. I’d take Rodgers even if he insisted on managing us in an all red suit whilst whilst it YNWA, he’s a very good manager in the modern game and I’d love to be doing what Leicester have done, challenging top four and winning the FA Cup… Rafael, however, has done nothing for years.

And to be honest there’s a lot of points you’ve made that I agree with.

BUT when all is said and done he’s still going to be our manager (rightly or wrongly) and for that reason in my opinion he has to be supported until he gives us a reason, whilst managing our club to not be.

Why make Goodison even more toxic then it already is? Support the manager, support the team and let’s try and win some bloody games
When the season actually starts we will get behind the team at kick off, we always have done and always will. However, the crowd will turn much much quicker with him in charge than a likeable manager like we thought Ancelotti was.

Don’t want him as manager but looks like he getting the job. Decided to refer to him as the Manager,never his name. If his ego is as big as everyone says it is then the he must achieve a better season for us than the RS.Anything less has to be a sackable offence. If he does then I will be happy for the players and ourselves but not for him.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go but can't stand the fat pile of ................
I’ve had enough too. I would only feel worse if Gerrard had been appointed. I’ve become increasingly disillusioned with the modern game anyway. I don’t know if I will stick to it, but I’m saying goodbye after 48 years of support.

I’ve always hated the people in here revelling at dcl missing a chance so they could say ‘I told you so’ as an example, plenty of other players that have an ‘I told you so’ brigade as well, but I’ll find it very difficult to support this guy managing our club no matter how we play and how the results go.
And you’ve told us so

Status
Not open for further replies.