New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he played in Brazil didn't mean he wasn't world class, it was just that not everyone realized it (including West Ham seemingly).

It's more a case of being recognized rather than being around better players. I don't think he was deemed as being a top player until at Barcelona though actually. His time at Liverpool felt very underwhelming.

It doesn't, but it's hard to be classed as world class when your playing against very average players each week and then can't get a game in a west ham team that nearly got relegated that season ( sure it was that season anyway )

I think if I recall he started quite slowly at Liverpool as well but then towards the end he was quality like, but didn't Barca move him to cb? Might have been in that position he got the recognition

As my nan would say if she was still alive :

E4v6R6jWYA0U3Kl
How did he manage to get passed the Goodison swear filter?

lucky for Fatfa he's got the easiest start we've had in ages. Should win all four if he wants to have any chance of developing good will.

A trophy would be good. Even a league cup
Been saying this for the last 26 years and it still hasn't happened.
No reason to expect any next season if crap like Siggy, gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Delph, Tosun, Keane aren't punted and replaced with players who know how to pass forward, tackle, and run with purpose. This applies to any manager we may appoint, not just the fsw.

This is what happens when you have an owner who doesn't care but just wants to win .Not a bad aim but like tactics it fits some but not others ,of course I will be on his side if and when but I still won't understand how Moshiri could do it to us .

Based purely on the info emanating from Sky Sports essentially saying the deal has been done, I'm now going to spend the period before the official announcement to try and imagine how to change my innermost tribal emotions from negative to positive.
It's going to be difficult because it just feels so wrong. There's nothing I can do or say to affect the decision so I'll just have to suck it up.

I must be a very bad bitter blue, as far as I’m concerned he can do one as soon as possible. He would need to have us playing like the Brazil team of 1970 and win us the league for me to be happy with him. I will just wait in hope for the day when Moshiri has to sack him, losing us yet more millions with his stupid meddling in football matters.

A lot’s been made of Benitez recently guiding Chelsea to a major trophy, namely the Europa League. Chelsea are a major force, though. Is it really that big an achievement to win a European trophy with Chelsea?

What impressed me were those two La Liga titles that he won with an under funded and un-fancied Valencia side.

That Chelsea had won the Champions League a year prior

But it’s made out like he did the same job that Ranieri did at Leicester

A lot’s been made of Benitez recently guiding Chelsea to a major trophy, namely the Europa League. Chelsea are a major force, though. Is it really that big an achievement to win a European trophy with Chelsea?

What impressed me were those two La Liga titles that he won with an under funded and un-fancied Valencia side.

That Valencia squad had made consecutive CL finals right before he took over

They were hardly in the state they are now

Status
Not open for further replies.