New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what we have been reduced to.

Nuno binned us off for Spurs and we end up with Benitez.

We might as well have just got Joey Barton in, he'd be equally as useless, but at least some of the fanbase could perhaps get behind him on a good day.

Shocking contempt from the Board for the Fans.
Even Agent Johnson not looking so bad now.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club. I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club,"
And to be fair to him, we've turned up and bent over at Analfield for years and years - looking to scrape a draw. Only Carlo has recently vanished that voodoo.

So, while he may have been actually having a dig at the club, was his assessment really unfair? We didn't go there with confidence like a big club.

I wouldn't have wanted Benitez in a month of Sundays. He has a determined and ruthless streak though and I'd rather have him than Moyes or a cone layer.
He will put a rocket up Brands arse if he dosent get what he wants, which is what we have needed for years.

And to be fair to him, we've turned up and bent over at Analfield for years and years - looking to scrape a draw. Only Carlo has recently vanished that voodoo.

So, while he may have been actually having a dig at the club, was his assessment really unfair? We didn't go there with confidence like a big club.
Thank goodness Carlo got that win there and we dont face the ignominy of that run of no wins there ended by Benitez...you can imagine the media and the Kopite script with that one.

I'll give it till Christmas.

Any other manager would get the following Christmas.

He knows what he has to do; if he does it, fine. If he doesn't he's gone.

I wonder why others aren't similarly assuaged over this matter.

He called us a small club? Yes. We've had owners who treated as (and made us) a small club...I reserve my fury for those people.
I'm more angry at Moshiri and Brands than I am at Benitez. Why wouldn't he take it, it's tons of money and a short commute, he knows he'll get a juicy pay off when it goes tits up. It's not just the small club thing, it's his continued reverence of the RS (look on his social media channels an all you'll see is RS pictures, they were being posted whilst he was Newcastle manager, ffs), the fact he is a tactical dinosaur, the fact he knacked off into semi-retirement in China, the fact that he blames fans, owners, anybody but himself when things start to go wrong, the fact that his appointment underlines the contempt for which the board holds for the fans and on and on.

That's why it's not assuaged, it's because this act has finally severed any sense of connection between the club and I beyond a commercial arrangement. You could argue that I have been naïve in thinking that that wasn't severed previously, and maybe you're right, but there it is. It isn't really about Benitez, it certainly isn't about an opposition manager seeking to curry favour with their cult-like fans by insulting a rival, it's about what the club's values are and the esteem (or lack of) they hold for their fans.

can someone photoshop Benitez's head onto Lord Voldemort's for me. Thanks

hqdefault.jpg

1625060138493.jpeg

I'm more angry at Moshiri and Brands than I am at Benitez. Why wouldn't he take it, it's tons of money and a short commute, he knows he'll get a juicy pay off when it goes tits up. It's not just the small club thing, it's his continued reverence of the RS (look on his social media channels an all you'll see is RS pictures, they were being posted whilst he was Newcastle manager, ffs), the fact he is a tactical dinosaur, the fact he knacked off into semi-retirement in China, the fact that he blames fans, owners, anybody but himself when things start to go wrong, the fact that his appointment underlines the contempt for which the board holds for the fans and on and on.

That's why it's not assuaged, it's because this act has finally severed any sense of connection between the club and I beyond a commercial arrangement. You could argue that I have been naïve in thinking that that wasn't severed previously, and maybe you're right, but there it is. It isn't really about Benitez, it certainly isn't about an opposition manager seeking to curry favour with their cult-like fans by insulting a rival, it's about what the club's values are and the esteem (or lack of) they hold for their fans.
My disillusionment came under the Kenwright years and the lack of direction of the club - governance that took us away from the elite of the game - so my anger is by this stage minimal in that respect.

It's just business for these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.