New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan here.
I want to give you my opinion on Nuno. Do I think he should've left us? No.
I'm excited now because of what could happen with a new manager, but it could turn out to be a very bad mistake by us. In my opinion Nuno is the 2nd or maybe 3rd best manager in our 144 year history. He's a very good coach, will make almost all your players better, works good with young players.
Fabio Silva has done very well under Nuno for an 18 year old, he's put some serious numbers up in the league this season. In the prem he played 1,353 mins (15 games) and got 4 goals, 3 assists (a goal or an assist every 2.1 games).
Nuno has helped him a lot and he should be a big player for us next season.
He's managed 4 teams (Rio Ave / Valencia / Porto / Wolves) and got them all into Europe, when he did it with Rio Ave it was for the first time in their history.
If we kept Nuno, I believe he'd have got us into the champions league in the next few years.
If you appoint Nuno, I think he'll get you into europa this season or next season.
If you keep him 3 / 4 years, I think he'll get you into champions league, I'm sure of that.
He's only young for a manager (47) but he's got lot of experience for his age, prem / la liga / liga nos / europa league / champions league.
I rate him easily one of the best managers in the prem, he was paid like it too, he was earning 150k+ a week at Wolves with his new contract.
He's a passionate manager as you can see on this youtube video:

If you do end up with Nuno, give him a chance, he'll win you over I'm sure.
Good luck next season.

Thanks for this mate. Good luck to you guys next season.

Interesting watching a blog with a Wolves fan who mentioned that Nuno brought into Wolves his own fitness staff which done wonders for those first 3 seasons of his management - would be something that we could desperately do with here as our fitness lads are gash.

He also mentioned that Nuno likes a relatively small squad to work with and likes to keep the starting 11 the same as much as possible - a breathe of fresh air following the tinkerman.

Also if he doesn't like you he tends to act quickly which apparently was the case with Cutrone who he shipped out the first January after Wolves had signed him the prior summer window.

Still think it will be a left field appointment but im starting to come around to the bloke.

It will be him and I can accept that.

I'd be gutted if I was a Wolves fan. Nuno transformed the club.

But why did he go?
That's my worry. I see him as a climber. I think he knew that he had basically done everything he could at Wolves. Like it or not, the Prem has a massive glass ceiling and only Leicester have ever gotten through it in recent times. It'll only get harder and at some point Wolves' form would desert them.

Nuno got out before his reputation started to suffer. Same with Carlo, better for him he leaves before he is fired. Do we want another climber like that or do we want someone for the long haul? The club really needs to figure this out before the next appointment

@Wolves86

How about his style? From what I remember your first 2 seasons in the PL you played some good stuff, but obviously last season is what fans will remember and there were a lot of dull games before Giminez got injured, then you struggled after that and you were as dour as us

Its Saturday....we all know Brands dont work weekends or bank hoildays.

Have to wait til Monday.
DB9098B3-7D7E-425B-B696-85D4BFF3B5B8.webp
He looks a broken man today.

Wolves fan here.
I want to give you my opinion on Nuno. Do I think he should've left us? No.
I'm excited now because of what could happen with a new manager, but it could turn out to be a very bad mistake by us. In my opinion Nuno is the 2nd or maybe 3rd best manager in our 144 year history. He's a very good coach, will make almost all your players better, works good with young players.
Fabio Silva has done very well under Nuno for an 18 year old, he's put some serious numbers up in the league this season. In the prem he played 1,353 mins (15 games) and got 4 goals, 3 assists (a goal or an assist every 2.1 games).
Nuno has helped him a lot and he should be a big player for us next season.
He's managed 4 teams (Rio Ave / Valencia / Porto / Wolves) and got them all into Europe, when he did it with Rio Ave it was for the first time in their history.
If we kept Nuno, I believe he'd have got us into the champions league in the next few years.
If you appoint Nuno, I think he'll get you into europa this season or next season.
If you keep him 3 / 4 years, I think he'll get you into champions league, I'm sure of that.
He's only young for a manager (47) but he's got lot of experience for his age, prem / la liga / liga nos / europa league / champions league.
I rate him easily one of the best managers in the prem, he was paid like it too, he was earning 150k+ a week at Wolves with his new contract.
He's a passionate manager as you can see on this youtube video:

If you do end up with Nuno, give him a chance, he'll win you over I'm sure.
Good luck next season.

Great Post, nice one good luck in the future seasons

With us losing £100m per year, I’m not

How would you describe his teams style of play?

Was it enjoyable to watch?
Before it was, not last season, but selling players and injuries messed it this season. In the first 2 prem seasons we were enjoyable to watch, give them possession but it didn't matter, once we got the ball back we were one of the most deadly teams in the league on the counter attack. I wouldn't worry about style of play. If he joins you he'll be looking to build a sick team, play possession football when you get better players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back