New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how it works legally, but he resigned from Lille, I assume they still hold some sort of legal hold on to him due to his contract, if they have any sense they would have declined his resignation and put him on "gardening leave" and still paying him.

But I have no idea to be quite honest.
He is a gardener as well? Is there no end to his talents? lol

Here's a summary of Christophe Galtier's record as a manager so far:

- He won the French League Cup in 2013 with un-fancied Saint Etienne.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

- He's just won Ligue One, finishing ahead of the superstars of PSG

- He is renowned for developing young talent and giving youth a chance

- He's just told the Press that he wants a new challenge

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.
who reported the "new challenge" you got the article?

Regarding FSW, he actually did a great job at Newcastle under a very tight budget. I don't want him here though. That RS history would make it too hard just to see him in our dugout.

As a candidate though, if you took away the loveable reds part of his background, he's as about an astute a tactician there is and will make it as clear as day what he wants from the players or he'll get rid.

For an interim period, if the like of Conte are out of reach, he might not be the worst stop-gap...

...Nah FTRS UPTFT

Yeah, that's a good point. At first, I appreciated that approach from Carlo. I liked the idea of cajoling players and making them feel confident and loved. Sometimes it gets you that bit extra out of them, especially when they have been so lacking before. Ive always believed in the arm around the shoulder approach rather than the criticise them to prove you wrong style. Something that often bothered me about Moyes, especially as it never appeared to be even across the board and often seemed cruel or unwarranted. Koeman falls into that camp too.

But some of the things Carlo came out with made Martinez sound Conservative. He'd rather have Sigurdsson taking a last minute pen than anyone he'd ever worked worth? Seriously? He's missed several while he's been here, often with no added pressure.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of discipline though, and I think it is something that has been missing a little since Moyes left.
I suppose I'm suffering from recency bias lol
I felt I wanted a manager with more arm round the shoulder after Koeman and more discipline after Martinez!
It's a never ending loop lol

Regarding FSW, he actually did a great job at Newcastle under a very tight budget. I don't want him here though. That RS history would make it too hard just to see him in our dugout.

As a candidate though, if you took away the loveable reds part of his background, he's as about an astute a tactician there is and will make it as clear as day what he wants from the players or he'll get rid.

For an interim period, if the like of Conte are out of reach, he might not be the worst stop-gap...

...Nah FTRS UPTFT

Getting Newcastle promoted from the Championship and finishing mid table with them isn’t an achievement. They should never be in the Championship in the first place, he took them there by the way.

...Nah FTRS UPTFT

Look a bit a harder and you`ll find that Steve Bruce did a better job.

it was. The great Carlo Ancelloti served up a worse season after being given big funds than Roberto Martinez.

People were distraught when he went to Madrid, but Martinez was actively chased out of this club
Absolute wham...just like the crap Martinez served up and chatted in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. A footnote in EFC history.

harrypottermemes-lede-1536x769.jpg

your Everton's next manager lad, get ready for the hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back