New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve basically decided that I want someone I know relatively little about, where we don’t know exactly what we’ll be getting.

Ancelotti aside, sick of hiring people that have been loitering around the PL and are completely known quantities.

I want that hope, that excitement that MAYBE someone could come in and just be amazing. Galtier, Gallardo, Rangnick, Amorim, Conceicao… whoever

I mean obviously it’ll all fall apart because, you know, Everton, but it’d be nice to have that buzz of potential for a while.

…one major plus with Lampard is the other lot hate him. Mind you, they just about hate everybody.
I confess I don't mind Fat Frank as a manager though I despised him as a player. I think he is too much of a 'Lahndan boi' to want to come up here. After his long playing career he cannot be short of a few bob. I wouldn't want him here right now though, his resume isn't good enough.

Don't beat yourself up....that was reasonably interesting ;)

*sharpens pitchfork*

Just kidding! Share what you can, I think we've learned our lessons

Tbh its usually just get told stupid stuff like niasse's first training session when he scored he ran off and did a full celebration every time and everyone was like "oh, crap we've messed up here" :lol:

I did hear about one transfer that I put on here. It was a black Dutch player but I didn't get told his name. So I put it on here to see if we were linked to anyone and let's just say the reception i got put me right off doing it again. Tbf it turned out to be Martina and this was the January and we didn't sign him till that summer so maybe it was justified :lol:

I know someone who knows someone type of thing at the club and sometimes I get bits of info (very rarely)through the grape vine nothing interesting like transfers or anything thing but just general stuff around the club.

Anyway long story short I heard that the board weren't happy with ancelotti this season and Moshiri was livid after the Sheffield United game.

I imagine they where getting cold feet about the whole ancelotti project but weren't prepared to have to pay the rest of his contract? That's just my opinion though.

Having said this though I would of thought that if this was the case we would be moving faster on the manager front, so God knows?

I dont usually post stuff I hear on here because a) it usually isn't that interesting and b) you get absolute abuse for it lol
Cheers mate. Some journos have suggested that Moshiri wasn’t happy and Ancelotti may well have jumped before he was pushed.

I’ve basically decided that I want someone I know relatively little about, where we don’t know exactly what we’ll be getting.

Ancelotti aside, sick of hiring people that have been loitering around the PL and are completely known quantities.

I want that hope, that excitement that MAYBE someone could come in and just be amazing. Galtier, Gallardo, Rangnick, Amorim, Conceicao… whoever

I mean obviously it’ll all fall apart because, you know, Everton, but it’d be nice to have that buzz of potential for a while.
when was the last time you felt that way about an Everton manager? Carlo apart.
Perhaps I felt a bit like that about Silva but it quickly wore off... its an alien concept to us and I think its partly why many of us were in shock when Carlo came here.

when was the last time you felt that way about an Everton manager? Carlo apart.
Perhaps I felt a bit like that about Silva but it quickly wore off... its an alien concept to us and I think its partly why many of us were in shock when Carlo came here.
Honestly I’m not sure I ever have.

Certainly not been excited about any of the 4 before Ancelotti.

I seem to remember being reasonably excited about Moyes, but I think that was just because he was young (so was I to be fair, I was about 20 I think) and things had been SO bad under Smith.

Actually, to be fair I was very excited about Smith himself, fresh off the back of god knows how many title wins in Scotland and decent European performances. Haha.

Wouldnt think it would be any of the managers at the euros.

Only one worth getting is Deschamps. If he gets the win then he has the full set of trophies...maybe he could fancy a change?

It is hard to believe that with Moshiri's money and the world to choose from, that he would be the best we could come up with. He is just unemployed and looking for a job. His teams don't play good football so all things aside other than that I really don't want him at my Everton.
Thats fair, and if it comes down to style and preference, then so be it.

But I just don't think I'd hold that grudge for that comment and for his fairly passive relationship with them that he had. Some still like him for the CL, but he took over that team part way through the season and they were their usual poxy selves to get that result. It could've been anyone, and they should've lost it.

A large proportion of their fans including most that I know, hated him and wanted him gone long before he left, but he has regularly talked about his love for the city and the people, including Everton fans, and does seem to a be quite a genuine man who is well liked by many. The fact he would even consider managing here suggests he is not the died in the wool, bitter red that some believe him to be.

A lot of fans often take pride in the story of welcoming Shankly at Bellefield after he was shunned and ignored by those miserable, ungrateful barstewards and how fondly he remembered us later in life.

We get this reputation of being bitter, not because we are, but because its the only comeback they have when it's pointed out how privileged and fortunate they have been over the years, and how their complete lack of grace, both in winning and losing, emanates from their very pores. It helps us spot them a mile off.

I don't believe he is 1st choice for us, and nor do I think he should be. But if he ends up here, I'll support him and hope he ends up embracing us and hating them when they show themselves in their true form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back