New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Because "small" in Spanish is a term of endearment?

There's only one meaning for what he called us. The fact his career has gone downhill and he's desperate for us to give him a job is karma.

Pretty much, though as i said we will never know what he "meant" to say.

He could have apologised / clarified what he meant the following day if he misspoke. Instead of course enjoyed the kopite adulation.

….amazing what comes back to bite you.

if he was to come & fail those comments would always be thrown back in our faces.

High risk appointment...

Him being a finished manager concerns me more than him calling us a small club 15 years ago.

This, all day.

I don't care about his comments, I'd have had more respect if he defended his comments too as simply him being manager of a rival club.

But for me, he's done - he 'retired' the minute he went to China. Everton are just convenient for him, a work from home gig.

When he was managing them i thought he was very much a "chequebook" manager. He seemed to sign vast numbers of u21s for the reserves and youth teams and within a year or so they left.

He did sign some fantastic players and his system(s) clicked with them but having Carragher and Gerrard certainly helped alot. However he also brought in a large amount of first team players that flopped.

The one thing i took away from his management was the Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard midfield. Extremely effective.

Did he lay the groundwork for Newcastle when he was there and so Bruce has just carried things on? I dont know.

Seemed to do well in China before jumping ship due to the pandemic.

It seems strange that if he was such a top manager then why did only newcastle want him at the time?

If he was the choice then it would be somewhat a last chance saloon for him.

If theres no one that stands out then i wonder if Moshiri may do an Abramovich and bring him in for a season.

Highly doubt any of this is true and think its a total non-starter.

Does show that there really arent any standout managers available bar Conte at the moment when were worrying about him.

Its weird, and i may be WELL off here, but i think the CLub were quite happy for someone to take Carlo off us to be honest. The money saved for when the inevitable sacking was going to come is massive.

I know someone who knows someone type of thing at the club and sometimes I get bits of info (very rarely)through the grape vine nothing interesting like transfers or anything thing but just general stuff around the club.

Anyway long story short I heard that the board weren't happy with ancelotti this season and Moshiri was livid after the Sheffield United game.

I imagine they where getting cold feet about the whole ancelotti project but weren't prepared to have to pay the rest of his contract? That's just my opinion though.

Having said this though I would of thought that if this was the case we would be moving faster on the manager front, so God knows?

I dont usually post stuff I hear on here because a) it usually isn't that interesting and b) you get absolute abuse for it lol

I know someone who knows someone type of thing at the club and sometimes I get bits of info (very rarely)through the grape vine nothing interesting like transfers or anything thing but just general stuff around the club.

Anyway long story short I heard that the board weren't happy with ancelotti this season and Moshiri was livid after the Sheffield United game.

I imagine they where getting cold feet about the whole ancelotti project but weren't prepared to have to pay the rest of his contract? That's just my opinion though.

Having said this though I would of thought that if this was the case we would be moving faster on the manager front, so God knows?

I dont usually post stuff I hear on here because a) it usually isn't that interesting and b) you get absolute abuse for it lol
after the dust has settled I reckon it will be seen that he did us a favour in years to come. if it was Mourinho, he would have simply sent the club into a dive next season and waited for his pay off. Carlo has avoided rinsing the club this way.

Don't beat yourself up....that was reasonably interesting ;)

*sharpens pitchfork*

Just kidding! Share what you can, I think we've learned our lessons

Tuchel took them to the CL final, no way would Lampard have done that. I think the quality of Mount is obvious for all to see, certainly wasn’t all Chelsea fans complaining
You just don’t know that, so it’s not a fact.
He managed to win the group they were in.
Players take time to settle in at some clubs, you should know that as it’s blindingly obvious.

He the chance to apologise and qualify his remarks on numerous occasions but he didn’t so if it was a mistranslation why didn’t he clarify what he meant ?

Now it’s going to come back and burn him

He has done though to be fair.

I hated him at the time, for saying that and also just because he was Liverpool manager. But the remarkable thing about them, is they manage to outdo themselves so frequently and so consistently, that my opinion of him now has mellowed considerably. I have hated all but 1 of their managers worse than the 1 that came before (Roy being the exception obviously).

He is far from ideal, but 1 antagonistic comment about us, which for a rival wasn't nearly as heinous as what some of own managers have said and done since.

And after the way the seemingly trust worthy, loyal, man of supreme integrity, Ancelotti, just knifed us in the back, my standards on who or what comes next have almost entirely evaporated.

There are other people associated with that lot that I would never, ever entertain, either in a managerial, playing, or even stewarding capacity, but Benitez doesn't even come close to joining that list.

I'd like to think there are plenty of other options we can consider 1st, but if we ended up with him, he would still be better than some of the other options I've seen.

He has done though to be fair.

I hated him at the time, for saying that and also just because he was Liverpool manager. But the remarkable thing about them, is they manage to outdo themselves so frequently and so consistently, that my opinion of him now has mellowed considerably. I have hated all but 1 of their managers worse than the 1 that came before (Roy being the exception obviously).

He is far from ideal, but 1 antagonistic comment about us, which for a rival wasn't nearly as heinous as what some of own managers have said and done since.

And after the way the seemingly trust worthy, loyal, man of supreme integrity, Ancelotti, just knifed us in the back, my standards on who or what comes next have almost entirely evaporated.

There are other people associated with that lot that I would never, ever entertain, either in a managerial, playing, or even stewarding capacity, but Benitez doesn't even come close to joining that list.

I'd like to think there are plenty of other options we can consider 1st, but if end up with him, he would still be better than some of the other options I've seen.
It is hard to believe that with Moshiri's money and the world to choose from, that he would be the best we could come up with. He is just unemployed and looking for a job. His teams don't play good football so all things aside other than that I really don't want him at my Everton.

You just don’t know that, so it’s not a fact.
He managed to win the group they were in.
Players take time to settle in at some clubs, you should know that as it’s blindingly obvious.
Of course it obvious, but are you seriously suggesting Lampard would’ve taken Chelsea to the CL final and 4th in the league like Tuchel did if he wasn’t sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back