New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/todays-football-2018-19-season.104251/

Went back to the todays football thread for the 18/19 season out of curiosity and searched Wolves to read what was being said when they were flying

in fairness there’s a lot of consistency in what some are saying now, for positive and negative, and were saying then

my overall memory of any time watching them was effective unit, good team spirit more than any particular type of style

superficially tho it does stink of a bland Koeman type appointment that will achieve little of note, I think even those who are very positive about him would have to admit it does look like that. On the flip side tho I don’t see enough in his career to make me fear we are definitely only going to see negative defensive football. It’s possible it’ll be crap but I’m not as concerned about it as I would have been if we’d gotten dyche or somebody like that

the key tho is still those bloody players. I am desperately awaiting more outs. It would have been my main concern this summer if Carlo stayed , and still is regardless of what manager we had gone with. Some of these players will make it impossible for any manager to succeed if we don’t get rid of them or at very least recruit well enough so they see very few minutes.

Davies is barely a championship player.
This is part of the problem with this club. Look at Kean clearly a very good talent footballer yet in this forum and the Goodison faithful he garbage. Davies gets so much unwarranted crap because he a youth product. That’s the reason Barkley left.
DCL suddenly starting banging the goals in, it’s no coincidence that there no crowd. See how he does this season if he stays.
Our fans love to slate young players no idea why.

This is part of the problem with this club. Look at Kean clearly a very good talent footballer yet in this forum and the Goodison faithful he garbage. Davies gets so much unwarranted crap because he a youth product. That’s the reason Barkley left.
DCL suddenly starting banging the goals in, it’s no coincidence that there no crowd. See how he does this season if he stays.
Barkley left because of personal reasons and needed to get out of the city, mainly.
Otherwise I agree.

he doesn’t though.

he gets abuse because he plays a lot of games and is consistently very poor.

Yes he not the right man for us… how hard is it. We want to be a top 6/4 team, that isn’t going to happen with Nuno
Maybe we should take baby steps and try to get back to the position where Moyes left us, so estabilished top 7 team? We can build from there, but we need that stability first.

What concerns me though mate is how bad that team performed last season.

45 points.

Going through spells of one shot on target in over 3 hours of football.

Ranked 20th... for chances created, distance covered, sprints... 16th for goals scored.

After spending something like £330m.

He pissed the Championship as favourites after spending a fortune.

He maintained that momentum for a short spell - as many have from the Championship - Sheff Utd like - but he had the money others didn't.

Last season they were so bad - 45 points bad. Getting beat twice by Everton, bad. With that team too... half of them get into our team.

I hope his contract is short.

Yes sounds very poor I'll admit, but I know you've heard it all before, where would we have finished without our main strikers, scary to think. But into Wolves, he took them up into the premier and got them to two consecutive seventh place finishes, in Europe twice, when was the last time we even got Europe !
Hope last year was an anomaly, sometimes a team and manager come to an end. But whoever it is as a fan base i feel we have to give him a chance.

Davies gets warranted crap because he plays crap.
Barley left because he’sa rat. Also not really developed any further.
Complete coincidence about DCL and fans.

Probably get announced during the second half of the England game. He had a good record taking Wolves from the Championship to the prem with a strong squad built by agents. He did solidly first 2 seasons and then fell off a cliff when adversity struck.
The problem is we are not in the Championship, we dont have a strong squad and we are riddled with adversity already. Just cannot see this one being a good fit. would love to be vaulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.