New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, who would people now accept in the anyone but Benitez stakes that they didn't want previously?

- Anyone?
- Duncan?
- Martinez?
- Potter?
- Lampard?
- Favre?
- Nuno?
- AN.Other?
Nuno or Potter probably, although I still question the latter’s credentials to manage Everton. Love Martinez but suspect it would be a disaster.

Just curious, who would people now accept in the anyone but Benitez stakes that they didn't want previously?

- Anyone?
- Duncan?
- Martinez?
- Potter?
- Lampard?
- Favre?
- Nuno?
- AN.Other?
Favre
Potter
Martinez
Dunc

- in that order of preference. But these would be my choices anyway.

Debating where Benitez is in his career, if he's best qualified, his style of play, tactical acumen and personality is all irrelevant... because deep down everyone knows this is doomed. Rarely do managerial appointments this unpopular with a fanbase ever work... its going to be even harder with this team. Benitez will need to have a season similar to Roberto's first and get around 70 points, playing thrilling attacking football to have any change of winning the sceptics over. The atmosphere will turn toxic based on any of the seven seasons since, including Koeman's solid if unspectacular first. Even in that campaign we had a miserable run that if repeated under the FSW would have the crowd screaming for his head. What makes this worse is the fact everyone can see its doomed only adds to the scrutiny of those making the decision. I think this could do irreparable damage to the fans relationship with Moshiri. So, instead of being the safe option those financing the new stadium might think this is... it could instead have the complete opposite effect and badly destabilise the whole football club.

Debating where Benitez is in his career, if he's best qualified, his style of play, tactical acumen and personality is all irrelevant... because deep down everyone knows this is doomed. Rarely do managerial appointments this unpopular with a fanbase ever work... its going to be even harder with this team. Benitez will need to have a season similar to Roberto's first and get around 70 points, playing thrilling attacking football to have any change of winning the sceptics over. The atmosphere will turn toxic based on any of the seven seasons since, including Koeman's solid if unspectacular first. Even in that campaign we had a miserable run that if repeated under the FSW would have the crowd screaming for his head. What makes this worse is the fact everyone can see its doomed only adds to the scrutiny of those making the decision. I think this could do irreparable damage to the fans relationship with Moshiri. So, instead of being the safe option those financing the new stadium might think this is... it could instead have the complete opposite effect and badly destabilise the whole football club.

Its a strange one - on one hand you do need a manager who the fanbase and club can unite behind (look at us under Moyes) and sadly that lot under Klopp.

However on the other hand - are there any managers out there currently available who we have been linked with who you would say would unite the fanbase?

I dont think there is any other than perhaps Galtier who looks Nice bound. I think if the club had the proper level of ambition they would be knocking down the doors of clubs managed by the likes of Biesla/Kovac and throwing x amount of money at them to tempt them away.

I still wouldn't mind a punt on Zidane think he would be worth a look at more than your Lampards and Nuno's of the world. Would also command the respect of the dressing room.

Spot on my thoughts exactly there would be no honeymoon period and the whole club will be fractured

- Anyone?
- Duncan?
- Martinez?
- Potter?
- Lampard?
- Favre?
- Nuno?
- AN.Other?
I would take any of those over Benitez and I really don’t want Martinez or Dunc or Lampard but Benitez to me is the worst option other than Gerrard out of all managers linked.

I didn’t want Nuno but look at recent performance. Both got a team to win the championship. Nuno finished seventh immediately with them back to back whereas Benitez flirted with relegation and then whined about not being given more money and buggered off.

Status
Not open for further replies.