New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so staggeringly easy to get. I do not get why people are not getting it. It is a very black and white thing for me. You do not employ a manager at a football club who most of your paying customers do not like. It's so basic.

You can't take the emotional and sentimental out of it!

"We could easily solve crime if we had no criminals"

Example to really drive that point home. Baywatch was a tv show that was only popular because of some very attractive people running around not wearing much. Their fans liked attractive people. If they decided to fire peak Pamela Anderson and replace her with fat mess Rafael Benitez their fans would be upset, angry and stop watching. It wouldn’t matter if they wrote really great episodes with top plots people would be mad that they messed with what they love and replaced something they liked with something they hate.

We are replacing a Hollywood manager who was our most popular manager since we won trophies with a past it Benitez who also talked crap about us and loves our hated neighbours. How the hell can that be anything but a disaster before anything happens?

That would be a ridiculous appointment. I could see the logic behind every post Moyes choice - Martinez, Silva were seen as progressive young managers, Koeman was flavour of the month, Fat Sam to avoid relegation, Ancelotti for being Ancelotti.
But a washed out, arrogant has been who, to put it mildly, is disliked by our fans? Why? What is the plan, if there is any?

Example to really drive that point home. Baywatch was a tv show that was only popular because of some very attractive people running around not wearing much. Their customers liked attractive people. If they decided to fire peak Pamela Anderson and replace her with fat mess Rafael Benitez their fans would be upset, angry and stop watching. It wouldn’t matter if they wrote really great episodes with top plots people would be mad that they messed with what they love and replaced something they liked with something they hate.

We are replacing a Hollywood manager who was our most popular manager since we won trophies with a past it Benitez who also talked crap about us and loves our hated neighbours. How the hell can that be anything but a disaster before anything happens?

Well that's an image I cant get out of my head just before bedtime.

Thanks for that! (spot on like)

Stages-of-Grief.jpg

You clearly haven't watched benitez and the football his teams play much then.

He does play dour football and I don't like the bloke.

But if he gets the job it is what it is. I dont see the point in booing the manager from day 1 when the same fans would be cheering someone like Dunc with a nothing CV because he had Pashun.

It ultimately boils down to him being an ex RS manager and the small club jibe (which our fans would have loved one of our managers to have given out to the RS).

I support the club I don't support the manager - if the manager does a good job I'll back em if they dont I wont.

Whereas the cool kids would rather back a manager they like regardless of how crap he is and boo a manager they dont like regardless how good a job they do. Makes no sense to me when its the clubs progress we should all be bothered about ultimately.

I absolutely despite Rafael but that's a bold comment that.

Honestly I don't think I could pick out of the two which would be a worse pick for Everton.
I can it is without doubt benitez, at least dyche has managed at the top level recently (not that i want him either). Its a bit like asking me which testicle do i want removing.

I hope he pulls out a piece of A4 paper and starts reading out facts:

"GOT forum sucks balls ...especially @orly - facht"
"When Skies are Grey forum; I will spit on your grave - facht"
"Michael Ball crys like big girls blouse - facht"
Neville Southall causes world food shortages - facht"

I hope he pulls out a piece of A4 paper and starts reading out facts:

"GOT forum sucks balls ...especially @orly - facht"
"When Skies are Grey forum; I will spit on your grave - facht"
"Michael Ball crys like big girls blouse - facht"
Neville Southall causes world food shortages - facht"

I hope he does too Dave. And then when he's sacked I will send him a little message to say "you're proper facht now you fat kopite rat"

If we think this threads been an awkward bugger to navigate can you imagine the sheer tension in the build up to xmas, as we await the colour choice of his tree.

You (and many others to be fair) are not getting it.

I do not massively disagree with anything you are saying here but what you are not understanding is it does not matter if you are willing to judge him by what he does on the pitch. You are one person. There are going to be, I dunno 10-20,000 angry match goers who will drown out any opinion you have whilst making his job impossible. Even if that's high, 2-3,000 people would make a mighty racket as well.

You say take the emotion out of it, you can't! That's like me saying oh we would a much better team if we all played like Messi. It's an absolute nothing statement because it has no chance of happening. It is not based in any form of reality. You are basically saying if you take out the main problematic issue then everything would be OK. Well obviously!

So to you and people like you who are willing to give him a chance it needs stating...

It is not about you. You will not be heard in the mayhem.
Nonsense - if he starts winning everyone will pipe down - guy behind me in the gwladys used to nearly burst a blood vessel whenever Rooney would rock into town wearing red yet he scores against Stoke and who ends up leading the “Rooney Rooney” chants. Football fans have the emotional intelligence of 5 year olds and can very quickly change their affections for players/managers.

what he won’t have is any sort of honeymoon period so recruitment is absolutely key as this squad is bang average and any manager will struggle to do much with them. I assume if moshiri is tempting him in then he’ll be assured of some serious money to spend - he’d be an idiot to accept anything less

I wish people would be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.