New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's all conjecture though isn't it mate, like everyone else here. Personally, I have every confidence that we will have a stadium at the docks because, as you say, Moshiri is a different proposition - indeed in a different league - than those who have walked before him, at least by appearances (which honestly, is pretty much all we have to go by at this point).

Ultimately, opinions aside, money talks - and if we have enough we will get what we want.
Money does talk. But it's not as if Moshiri is a sovereign wealth fund and cash isn't a problem. It'll cost. It'll cost the local economy in terms of funding. It'll cost the land owners in terms of previously held visions for their land. It'll cost our neighbours and their psychotic fans in terms of loss of status. It'll cost some people in terms of disruption to their usual travel habits. Lengthy delays will cost the project.

Expect a long hard struggle over this. There will be no easy kill on this. None whatsoever. And anyone anticipating a smooth road without bumps are in cloud cuckoo land.

With a top owner to boot. Good analogy that mind.
I dont think we know what type of owner we have yet.

They tend to sour as the years roll by. I doubt in a few years time after the novelty has worn off and a few crises have been faced anyone but a minority will be talking up Moshiri positively. It's the nature of the job. Want to be universally loved? Dont buy a PL club.

Money does talk. But it's not as if Moshiri is a sovereign wealth fund and cash isn't a problem. It'll cost. It'll cost the local economy in terms of funding. It'll cost the land owners in terms of previously held visions for their land. It'll cost our neighbours and their psychotic fans in terms of loss of status. It'll cost some people in terms of disruption to their usual travel habits. Lengthy delays will cost the project.

Expect a long hard struggle over this. There will be no easy kill on this. None whatsoever. And anyone anticipating a smooth road without bumps are in cloud cuckoo land.
I also wanted a bmx when I was a kid, never got one but I got over it

They tend to sour as the years roll by. I doubt in a few years time after the novelty has worn off and a few crises have been faced anyone but a minority will be talking up Moshiri positively. It's the nature of the job. Want to be universally loved? Dont buy a PL club.

If he delivers a new stadium I wouldn't really describe it as a novelty, it would be one of the most defining moments in Everton history.

Was just continuing the Grand National analogy mate. A horse backed by someone like Moshiri, and the shadowy figures that may or may be in cahoots, stands a better chance than some nag from a farm in Dorset.

I know there's no Everton reps listed for that. Doesn't mean the stadium won't be announced imminently though or around the time of MIPIM, or at MIPIM. The whole idea is to generate interest and investment and confirming it at MIPIM (most likely with hardly any details) will only help.

That would be the worst PR exercise ever, not let anyone know and announce it with no media preparation.

Come this time next week you will see I was correct. Nothing is getting announced in Cannes.

Lot's of hurdles to come. We're basically at the start of the Grand National and are about to gallop across the Melling Road without having faced a fence yet. Four miles and 30 fences ahead of us.

But its a clue that Peel are willing.... or no?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/176852

Here you go Mikey. I especially like the bit that states:
BM is a special place as our kids normally like to play in and around the area, people walking their dogs as well as kite flying lessons.

I think someone needs to contact social services and ask why this fella is allowing is kids to wonder down from Anfield to play in a dock that is secured private proprty, in use and has large vehicles passing through it on a daily basis.
If the parents weren't are so worried about the welfare of their kids in their leisure time, why are they allowing them to play near water anyway?