New Everton Stadium Discussion

"Once an application is made for the development to take place, all local residents have the right to request that a planning application be ‘called in’ by the Department for Communities and Local Government. This means that it will assess the planning application against certain criteria and decide if a full inquiry is needed. For more information, including the criteria and how to request the call in of a planning application"

Bet we get a bunch of reds popping up at this stage.

"Once an application is made for the development to take place, all local residents have the right to request that a planning application be ‘called in’ by the Department for Communities and Local Government. This means that it will assess the planning application against certain criteria and decide if a full inquiry is needed. For more information, including the criteria and how to request the call in of a planning application"

Bet we get a bunch of reds popping up at this stage.

We can always object to their training ground move to Knowsley, bit of retaliation never hurt anyone

To be fair Dave you have no idea where we are on the track, your speculating a guessing just as much as anyone else. In fact, much more so than some people, including the mayor, who will certainly have a very good idea of were this project is up to.

For all you know we could just be approaching the elbow when the announcement is made that the land is secured, designs are completed, preferred contractors are identified and funding is all in place.

To say we're just starting the race stinks of negativity more accustomed to the old regime and I personally think Moshri funded in the back ground by his very rich partner will prove to be a totally different kettle of fish and leave you with egg on your face, very, very soon.
Hopefully you're idea is closer to the mark than mine. I just think we have a range of interests dead set against us and it will take an almighty struggle to face them all down.

Thing is, currently, the income derived from that area for Peel is SFA. I think.

If, and its a big if granted, the powers that be, Peel, LCC, EFC, "Others" can see the stadium as a kick start/flag ship to the whole Liverpool Waters development, then if everyones a winner, it sort of makes a sort of sense. To make the ground the centre piece/bookend.
That's the key. I do believe that Peel might be prepared to play the long game. It'll be very interesting to see the wording and gauge the tone of the Peel announcements for Liverpool Waters this week.