New Everton Stadium Discussion

I dont know mate. If there's a starting gun this week or next week then the politicking begins, I'd suspect. If Peel are genuinely playing along then that will be useful. But I'd say there's ways of looking constructive whilst maintaining a drag on a venture.

Thing is, currently, the income derived from that area for Peel is SFA. I think.

If, and its a big if granted, the powers that be, Peel, LCC, EFC, "Others" can see the stadium as a kick start/flag ship to the whole Liverpool Waters development, then if everyones a winner, it sort of makes a sort of sense. To make the ground the centre piece/bookend.

Thing is, currently, the income derived from that area for Peel is SFA. I think.

If, and its a big if granted, the powers that be, Peel, LCC, EFC, "Others" can see the stadium as a kick start/flag ship to the whole Liverpool Waters development, then if everyones a winner, it sort of makes a sort of sense. To make the ground the centre piece/bookend.
It's a massive scheme on a number of things and different organisations mate . The way I look at it every organisation involved are in a win win situation now

Lot's of hurdles to come. We're basically at the start of the Grand National and are about to gallop across the Melling Road without having faced a fence yet. Four miles and 30 fences ahead of us.

To be fair Dave you have no idea where we are on the track, your speculating a guessing just as much as anyone else. In fact, much more so than some people, including the mayor, who will certainly have a very good idea of were this project is up to.

For all you know we could just be approaching the elbow when the announcement is made that the land is secured, designs are completed, preferred contractors are identified and funding is all in place.

To say we're just starting the race stinks of negativity more accustomed to the old regime and I personally think Moshri funded in the back ground by his very rich partner will prove to be a totally different kettle of fish and leave you with egg on your face, very, very soon.

It's a massive scheme on a number of things and different organisations mate . The way I look at it every organisation involved are in a win win situation now

True. But on a way lesser scale, we had a dock development where I live. The docks were a ruin, and the water polluted by years of potassium imports. The council, couldnt/wouldnt afford to clean it up, and it was stalemate for years.

After years, the first developer was allowed planning permission to build tons of dead ace dockland flats, @micknick , as the first mover, on the agreement that they would clean the dock, and then be granted change of use to make it a domestic marina.

So a derelict docks is now an absolute cash cow for the developer, and they also made a mint on the gaffs they built. Others moved in, and built on the lesser sites, and everyone is sound.

I dont know mate. If there's a starting gun this week or next week then the politicking begins, I'd suspect. If Peel are genuinely playing along then that will be useful. But I'd say there's ways of looking constructive whilst maintaining a drag on a venture.
Money will always win out over politicking. The Liverpool Waters development is huge private investment with limited contribution from public sector finances. No Tory will stop this type of capitalist spending.

Rich people get what they want Dave, it's how it works. We now have a rich man who wants to be even richer by building us a stadium and buying us a team. As a Blue I'm delighted. As a guest to your city, I'm equally delighted that this investment is coming.

Embrace it Dave.

True. But on a way lesser scale, we had a dock development where I live. The docks were a ruin, and the water polluted by years of potassium imports. The council, couldnt/wouldnt afford to clean it up, and it was stalemate for years.

After years, the first developer was allowed planning permission to build tons of dead ace dockland flats, @micknick , as the first mover, on the agreement that they would clean the dock, and then be granted change of use to make it a domestic marina.

So a derelict docks is now an absolute cash cow for the developer, and they also made a mint on the gaffs they built. Others moved in, and built on the lesser sites, and everyone is sound.

Without having to read through lots of pages whats the latest???

"Everton make a long awaited announcement later this month that confirms they have secured a site on the Bramley Moore Dock, and found the funding to build a new stadium."
Expected to do the above according to an Echo article that praises Anderson for being a facilitator in raising finance.
The quote above encouragingly says the site is secured not just chosen and the funding is found not still being sought. Fantastic if true.

"Everton make a long awaited announcement later this month that confirms they have secured a site on the Bramley Moore Dock, and found the funding to build a new stadium."
Expected to do the above according to an Echo article that praises Anderson for being a facilitator in raising finance.
The quote above encouragingly says the site is secured not just chosen and the funding is found not still being sought. Fantastic if true.
Linkage ???