New Everton Stadium Discussion

They cant just sit on land. They have to be prepared to engage in dialogue at least to live in peace with the local state who naturally want developments. Peel have been given a bollocking before by government for not developing.

So what else can they do then? It looks as though right now Everton are there best bet by a long shot.

He's seen an opportunity and gone for it, no question. But if he reaches for it and it fails he still has an investment that wont depreciate anytime soon given the interest in the PL world-wide.

He's taken a punt. If it comes off he has a massive profit and a legacy for himself (he'll be known for a state of the art stadium in a world renowned location rather than what he is right now: Usmanov's mate).

Calculated move I would say. It might fail. Anything can, but I think the U word there will somehow pull the strings, if he hasnt already. Which he obviously has.

I do. If it happens it'll be earth-shattering in terms of the power relations in football in this city. I fully understand how concerned the Kopites are by it, I would be too if were them.

Still, Moshiri might be a billionaire but he's dependent on far richer people who are much more in control of the forces in this region required to make things happen.
Moshiri is a facilitator. He has the proven links with USM. We're aren't talking just funding a club, this is redeveloping a part of a city.

He isn't here to have a plaything, he is here to make a pay day and he must deliver a stadium to achieve that.

There are multiple land owners in that area, new infrastructure is needed. It's a complex proposal but I'm convinced it will happen because the political will and money is there. This has all been planned long before Moshiri invested.

If Usmanov has any influence with or behind Moshiri, then the opposition of LFC is not even a fly in the ointment.

Let's be confident that these people know what they are doing. Balls to the RS and the naysayers.

There will be challenges yes, but there have been lessons learned I'm sure and the driver behind this is someone who is used to getting things done.

If Usmanov has any influence with or behind Moshiri, then the opposition of LFC is not even a fly in the ointment.

Let's be confident that these people know what they are doing. Balls to the RS and the naysayers.

There will be challenges yes, but there have been lessons learned I'm sure and the driver behind this is someone who is used to getting things done.
If the RS were granted permission to build a stadium on Stanley park, I can't see how they can have the nerve to oppose something that will regenerate that part of the city, bring jobs and kick start investment on the waterfront area, unless they are very very worried.