New Everton Stadium Discussion

More than happy to provide evidence to moderators or other but obviously can't say who I work for. That said, I'm definitely not fussed if I'm believed or not!

We haven't started work yet but have been appointed as of yesterday. We will begin in approx. 2/3 weeks and our work will take another 2/3 weeks. Just letting you know that that's the minimum timescale!
Whether you are involved or not mate, I'm willing to bet your info is more correct than the March 14 fluffity fluff ;)

You don't have to say who you work for, but what have you been employed to do? What's your companies background? And if they have officially been appointed by the club why can't you name them?

I work in an advisory department of a corporate finance practice. Appointed to diligence a certain aspect of Everton's capacity to repay loans on the prospective stadium. It's dull but nothing will be announced until the banks are satisfied with Everton's ability to fund the ground

I work in an advisory department of a corporate finance practice. Appointed to diligence a certain aspect of Everton's capacity to repay loans on the prospective stadium. It's dull but nothing will be announced until the banks are satisfied with Everton's ability to fund the ground
and how's that looking?

Like I said we haven't started work yet. But for what it's worth, work like this is largely a formality to satisfy the lender. If the stadium does fall through it's highly unlikely to be because Everton can't afford it - they wouldn't have got this far otherwise..
thanks for the info, off to bed now to dream of the royal blue mersey and prepare for a massive session tomorrow incorporating the toffeemen at Gp UTFT!

Listen mate not having a go at you but would have thought this would have been done some time ago.
If its (as we are hearing) close to announcement, assurance's of finance should well be in place.
You cant agree to buy something without showing the means to pay for it beforehand.

Not an itk but I am working on part of the financing on the deal. It'll be a good 5 or so weeks before our part of the work is complete and I would be very very surprised if any formal announcement was made before that.

Can't give any detailed information at present but broadly speaking, everything is currently going ahead as planned.

Just posting to say don't get your hopes up on any announcements or exciting progress just yet!

Have heard similar news but separate to finance. Everything seems to be gathering momentum now.

Can't wait for it to be announced but part of me is still cautious with it being Everton we're talking about lol.

Listen mate not having a go at you but would have thought this would have been done some time ago.
If its (as we are hearing) close to announcement, assurance's of finance should well be in place.
You cant agree to buy something without showing the means to pay for it beforehand.
lol mate don't start me please ;)

No idea whether he is telling the truth but I am inclined to believe he is. Problem is that people on here think that those who have heard certain bits of info that may be credible, will just come on and drop names and sources etc when they may have been told to keep things quiet.

@everton
So presumably the banks are looking at the projected revised gate and other receipts from enhanced usage and/or sponsorship deals to act as security?
Possibly PL payments, but if the core payment is the only guaranteed income, then this may need to be pledged for short term funding.
In effect a new Goodison Park Stadium Ltd/Everton Investments Limited corporate structure?
Unless the banks are prepared to lend 100%, naming rights and/or possible underwritten rights issue once BHHL exercises it's options so EFC can stump up it's bit.
Just thinking out loud here

No idea whether he is telling the truth but I am inclined to believe he is. Problem is that people on here think that those who have heard certain bits of info that may be credible, will just come on and drop names and sources etc when they may have been told to keep things quiet.
I'm well aware names cant be dropped , my point is before anyone sat down with Peel, Liverpool Council & any other parties there would have to be proof of finance before the 1st meeting. Totally pointless excercise otherways.