New Everton Stadium Discussion

I assumed that the hospitality provided to corporate sponsors might be done in-house, and the burger vans and bars inside the stadium that we would use would be outsourced. You'd imagine we could charge higher rent to those concessions if we filled the stadium each week.
Currently, Sodexo do all the catering at GP and pay about 950k per year - de-risked as our beloved CEO would put it.
Esk's calculations relate to the stadium and bums on seats, were based on no outsourcing and had nothing to do with concessions outside the ground. You and @kithnou quoted @The Esk and I put forward the fact that to achieve the calculated turnover per esk, there would be substantial costs incurred. Are you disputing that assertion?

The most optimistic case you can make for a new stadium with bigger capacity, more premium seats & otherwise as-is pricing structure is about an extra £5-10m in revenue directly. This at best covers likely debt repayments.

The real value is the improved profile & the potential opportunity to use it as part of an enhanced package to attract higher profile commercial partners and players. Ultimately if we are well run this should make a success for a new stadium but there are examples of bad design/plans & bad club management producing white elephants that weigh a club down.

I'd rather we take our time and do this with carefully thought through plans rather than some vanity project with a sketchy plan. I'm actually somewhat reassured that this is taking time. I'd be more encouraged if Elstone was nowhere near it all.

The most optimistic case you can make for a new stadium with bigger capacity, more premium seats & otherwise as-is pricing structure is about an extra £5-10m in revenue directly. This at best covers likely debt repayments.

The real value is the improved profile & the potential opportunity to use it as part of an enhanced package to attract higher profile commercial partners and players. Ultimately if we are well run this should make a success for a new stadium but there are examples of bad design/plans & bad club management producing white elephants that weigh a club down.

I'd rather we take our time and do this with carefully thought through plans rather than some vanity project with a sketchy plan. I'm actually somewhat reassured that this is taking time. I'd be more encouraged if Elstone was nowhere near it all.
Sorry mate, you're miles out on this.
60K stadium, 5.7k of which hospitality at 200 ex VAT per match, 10 boxes of 30 @75k ex vat per season, 2.5k away supporters at 25 ex vat 39k season tickets at an average of 285 ex vat per season and 12.5k walk ips at an average of 32.50p ex vat gives a bums on seats take of 43.931 m at 100% occupancy, 42.4m at 95% and 40.874 at 90% for a 60k ground. This is 19 PL matches only.
Compare this with the current amount of about 17m before the price reductions last year so up 23 mil on 90%.
If financing were required on 200m at 7% over 20 years, this would cost 18.6m per year and replaces the former 2.8 mil to Pru Trustees, so increased negative cashflow of 15.8
23 -15.8 = 7.2, so that's the wriggle room for increased costs.
Bear in mind, this is matchday seat/hospitality income only. Booze/pies/coffees not included.

Sorry mate, you're miles out on this.
60K stadium, 5.7k of which hospitality at 200 ex VAT per match, 10 boxes of 30 @75k ex vat per season, 2.5k away supporters at 25 ex vat 39k season tickets at an average of 285 ex vat per season and 12.5k walk ips at an average of 32.50p ex vat gives a bums on seats take of 43.931 m at 100% occupancy, 42.4m at 95% and 40.874 at 90% for a 60k ground. This is 19 PL matches only.
Compare this with the current amount of about 17m before the price reductions last year so up 23 mil on 90%.
If financing were required on 200m at 7% over 20 years, this would cost 18.6m per year and replaces the former 2.8 mil to Pru Trustees, so increased negative cashflow of 15.8
23 -15.8 = 7.2, so that's the wriggle room for increased costs.
Bear in mind, this is matchday seat/hospitality income only. Booze/pies/coffees not included.
Thanks Hibbo.

In one post you have just summed up the need for a New (& much bigger) stadium...the bigger the better.
Cant wait to see what sort of naming rights deal they are working on ;)

Thanks Hibbo.

In one post you have just summed up the need for a New (& much bigger) stadium...the bigger the better.
Cant wait to see what sort of naming rights deal they are working on ;)
In fairness, the only reason I bothered was I saw the Esk's figures and used them as a basis, then realised I couldn't reconcile his to a spreadsheet mock-up based on the info he gave. Sought and received clarification, so rinse/repeat.
Rubbish at doing links, but 4 years ago bleacher report valued the naming rights for Goodison at 2 mil per season, new ground and if we regularly make Europe prior to signing would increase this immensely.
Then it's down to either negotiating a long term deal at a discount to reduce borrowing, or a higher annual amount to assist with funding imho.
There is also the possibility of a rights issue to decrease borrowing.
Too many unknowns to be honest.

Edit - not annual but instalment based

Last edited:

Couldn't do it to you mate - only used it twice on really crap stuff. You're the hero the forum deserves...

...or something
dpfb.gif

In fairness, the only reason I bothered was I saw the Esk's figures and used them as a basis, then realised I couldn't reconcile his to a spreadsheet mock-up based on the info he gave. Sought and received clarification, so rinse/repeat.
Rubbish at doing links, but 4 years ago bleacher report valued the naming rights for Goodison at 2 mil per season, new ground and if we regularly make Europe prior to signing would increase this immensely.
Then it's down to either negotiating a long term deal at a discount to reduce borrowing, or a higher annual amount to assist with funding imho.
There is also the possibility of a rights issue to decrease borrowing.
Too many unknowns to be honest.
As with USM Finch Farm (that no one seen coming) I think Moshiri & his team will have something in the pipeline. If this offsets the borrowing its a massive gamechanger for the club.
I think & hope we'll all be pleasantly surprised. ;)

As with USM Finch Farm (that no one seen coming) I think Moshiri & his team will have something in the pipeline. If this offsets the borrowing its a massive gamechanger for the club.
I think & hope we'll all be pleasantly surprised. ;)
The only cavaet on the bright future is if an underwritten rights issue were done at 5k per share, BHHL has already paid 80mil of the 175mil paid if debt is changed for equity. This rights issue would probably incur costs as well, so if done would raise 95mil less costs presumably for stadium funding (or lawnmowers!).