New Everton Stadium Discussion

I did say if brought back in-house tbf, because currently there is no cost borne on catering staff, so it's immediately a cost against the increased revenue along with the food.
Bigger ground, bigger policing and stewarding bill so increased cost.
EFC pay about 2.2m rates on GP- would imagine this will increase substantially on the new site, assuming it's BMD.
I'm pointing out the obvious but ignored fact that the extra capacity carries extra costs. Esk looks at turnover - vanity.
I look at profit and viability - sanity.

I'll readily admit to having no clue on the commercial activities inside stadia, but I always imagine that it was more akin to a shopping centre whereby the club sold a concession to a company to then operate it. So we get the rent, they get any profit from it. No idea if that's the norm or not though.

I'll readily admit to having no clue on the commercial activities inside stadia, but I always imagine that it was more akin to a shopping centre whereby the club sold a concession to a company to then operate it. So we get the rent, they get any profit from it. No idea if that's the norm or not though.
But if you are going back to a concession/outsorcing model, then ypur increased turnover calculated by Esk is immediately hit isn't it - to the extent that hospitality (the bit that's meant to subsidise the rest) drops to reflect the cost of meals/booze/staff/ profit margin to tje company providing the service. Or am I being incredibly thick....

*pause for thought

...no I'm not -increased turnover in the manner calculated by Esk means extra costs.

Whole thing being looked at as a football ground rather than a venue imho. Maximise non-matchday income using hospitality suites for conventions etc.

Although I would admire the ambition of A 60k stadium and it would certainly make a statement I would be concerned about a heavily diluted atmosphere.

The atmosphere in nearly every stadium in the league is rubbish for normal games and good for big games. Anfield is like a library most weeks. Etihad and Emirates are half empty most of the time. Do any of these clubs care? No, because when the big games come along they have packed houses just like we will. It would be fatsl for us to go for a smaller capacity just to minimise empty seats for league games, the atmosphere will still probably be rubbish anyway as it is at Goodison. If there's a big game on we shouldn't be turning thousands of blues away because we've sold out 50k. Big home games currently are sold out almost immediately, the demand is there for a big capacity stadium.

But if you are going back to a concession/outsorcing model, then ypur increased turnover calculated by Esk is immediately hit isn't it - to the extent that hospitality (the bit that's meant to subsidise the rest) drops to reflect the cost of meals/booze/staff/ profit margin to tje company providing the service. Or am I being incredibly thick....

*pause for thought

...no I'm not -increased turnover in the manner calculated by Esk means extra costs.

Whole thing being looked at as a football ground rather than a venue imho. Maximise non-matchday income using hospitality suites for conventions etc.

I assumed that the hospitality provided to corporate sponsors might be done in-house, and the burger vans and bars inside the stadium that we would use would be outsourced. You'd imagine we could charge higher rent to those concessions if we filled the stadium each week.

The atmosphere in nearly every stadium in the league is rubbish for normal games and good for big games. Anfield is like a library most weeks. Etihad and Emirates are half empty most of the time. Do any of these clubs care? No, because when the big games come along they have packed houses just like we will. It would be fatsl for us to go for a smaller capacity just to minimise empty seats for league games, the atmosphere will still probably be rubbish anyway as it is at Goodison. If there's a big game on we shouldn't be turning thousands of blues away because we've sold out 50k. Big home games currently are sold out almost immediately, the demand is there for a big capacity stadium.

Think we've sold out every game this season haven't we?

I did say if brought back in-house tbf, because currently there is no cost borne on catering staff, so it's immediately a cost against the increased revenue along with the food.
Bigger ground, bigger policing and stewarding bill so increased cost.
EFC pay about 2.2m rates on GP- would imagine this will increase substantially on the new site, assuming it's BMD.
I'm pointing out the obvious but ignored fact that the extra capacity carries extra costs. Esk looks at turnover - vanity.
I look at profit and viability - sanity
I don't understand this but it sounds very clever, here, have a like young man x