New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think in the last accounts we had matchday revenue of ~£18m. For me, the aim of a new stadium has to be to get as many people in it as possible and to raise that revenue significantly.

As a back of a [Poor language removed] packet argument, to get that money from the current stadium requires around £450 in income per seat, per season. Lets say we had a 60,000 stadium, we could get £24m in revenue with just £400 per seat, per season. The revenue from match day pales in comparison to broadcast revenue, so lets get the old girl full every week, even if means tickets are cheaper.

Key is to increase corporate seating without it having too much of a direct impact on atmosphere / aesthetics. For eg - Quite easy to treble if not quadruple Amount of executive boxes we have without much impact (Just one glass tier around the middle section)

Key is to increase corporate seating without it having too much of a direct impact on atmosphere / aesthetics. For eg - Quite easy to treble if not quadruple Amount of executive boxes we have without much impact (Just one glass tier around the middle section)

Exactly. I think the Esk did some sums around this very thing. We have the fans to fill out a very large stadium imo, we just need to make the price right to get them through the door.

Exactly. I think the Esk did some sums around this very thing. We have the fans to fill out a very large stadium imo, we just need to make the price right to get them through the door.
https://theesk.org/2017/01/28/evert...-of-costs-what-it-means-for-fans-and-funding/

"One of the keys to keeping regular ticket prices as low as possible is maximising the selling of premium seating. Based on 6,000 premium seats being sold in a capacity of 60,000 it’s reasonable to expect the premium seats to contribute at least 50% of the match day revenues."

Going to tell me some more news on the stadium next week, stay tuned.
nail_biting_stress.jpg

I think in the last accounts we had matchday revenue of ~£18m. For me, the aim of a new stadium has to be to get as many people in it as possible and to raise that revenue significantly.

As a back of a [Poor language removed] packet argument, to get that money from the current stadium requires around £450 in income per seat, per season. Lets say we had a 60,000 stadium, we could get £24m in revenue with just £400 per seat, per season. The revenue from match day pales in comparison to broadcast revenue, so lets get the old girl full every week, even if means tickets are cheaper.
Use a speadsheet man!
GPSL accounts for 2016 show a bums on seats figure of 16.967 mil, 2015 17.197mil.
Bear in mind that these figures are before the season ticket price reduction and as we did rubbish in the cups this year I would be suprised if it were much more than 15.5mil in the current year.
CBA vaulting or may have been a dm, but Esk's figures were based on every walk up ticket being 50 incl VAT.
I would also point out that everyone is looking at income, but to take corporate back in-house, more stewards required for higher capacity, higher rateable value of new stadium etc. all need to be considered when setting a pricing structure to make the project viable.
Of course the scope for non- matchday income should be astronomically higher.

* goes back to sleep

Use a speadsheet man!
GPSL accounts for 2016 show a bums on seats figure of 16.967 mil, 2015 17.197mil.
Bear in mind that these figures are before the season ticket price reduction and as we did rubbish in the cups this year I would be suprised if it were much more than 15.5mil in the current year.
CBA vaulting or may have neen a dm, but Esk's figures were based on every walk up ticket being 50 incl VAT.
I would also point oit that everyone is looking at income, but to take corporate back in-house, more stewards required for higher capacity, higher rateable value of new stadium etc. all need to be considered when setting a pricing structure to make the project viable.
Of course the scope for non- matchday income should be astronomically higher.

* goes back to sleep

How variable are costs though? Staffing the various shops and restaurants in the facility are either outsourced or likely to be a fixed cost. Even stewarding I'd say is likely to be a fixed cost, as the club surely have to plan for a sellout unless they ban on the day sales. If we get a big stadium therefore, the onus has to be to fill her every week.

How variable are costs though? Staffing the various shops and restaurants in the facility are either outsourced or likely to be a fixed cost. Even stewarding I'd say is likely to be a fixed cost, as the club surely have to plan for a sellout unless they ban on the day sales. If we get a big stadium therefore, the onus has to be to fill her every week.
I did say if brought back in-house tbf, because currently there is no cost borne on catering staff, so it's immediately a cost against the increased revenue along with the food.
Bigger ground, bigger policing and stewarding bill so increased cost.
EFC pay about 2.2m rates on GP- would imagine this will increase substantially on the new site, assuming it's BMD.
I'm pointing out the obvious but ignored fact that the extra capacity carries extra costs. Esk looks at turnover - vanity.
I look at profit and viability - sanity.