New Everton Stadium Discussion

" intimate and intimidating"?

Small?

Screenshot_20170312-002529.jpg

I think it's absolutely imperative that Everton get a new 55,000-60,000 seater stadium because Tottenham Hotspur are moving from their 35,000 seater to a 61,000 seater in 2018.

I just hope that Everton can achieve their goal of a new stadium by 2022 and success by 2030. Then success for Aston Villa and back into the Premiership by 2031, success for Nottingham Forest and back into the Premiership by 2025 and West Ham United in either the 2020s or 2030s.

Clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and West Ham United are crying out for investment and getting turned into a force. Even Everton and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Manchester City.

I can't see Mr Moshiri being so lacking in ambition as to build a stadium that's even smaller than West Ham's. No way will the capacity of BMD be less than 60,000.

I don't think Mr Meis' description of "intimate" was a reference to the capacity. I think he was simply indicating that the stands will be as close to the pitch as possible and that there will be no vacuous/unfilled corners.

Someone I trust, who knows nothing about football but does know legal types at Peel was telling me tonight, not this week ahead but the week after some big news will come out about this development, hope he is right!

I can't see Mr Moshiri being so lacking in ambition as to build a stadium that's even smaller than West Ham's. No way will the capacity of BMD be less than 60,000.

I don't think Mr Meis' description of "intimate" was a reference to the capacity. I think he was simply indicating that the stands will be as close to the pitch as possible and that there will be no vacuous/unfilled corners.
Let's be honest, 40,000 is absurdly large to be considered 'intimate' in any traditional sense. He's definitely not referring to capacity.

I think it's absolutely imperative that Everton get a new 55,000-60,000 seater stadium because Tottenham Hotspur are moving from their 35,000 seater to a 61,000 seater in 2018.

I just hope that Everton can achieve their goal of a new stadium by 2022 and success by 2030. Then success for Aston Villa and back into the Premiership by 2031, success for Nottingham Forest and back into the Premiership by 2025 and West Ham United in either the 2020s or 2030s.

Clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and West Ham United are crying out for investment and getting turned into a force. Even Everton and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Manchester City.
Success for Everton, couldn't care less if the others you mentioned rot in League Two for eternity, especially West Ham.