New Everton Stadium Discussion

I believe that the Board will work very hard to make the new stadium a reality as it is the only way that they can make a substantial profit on their investments. If Moshiri is here only for the profit, the club will be sold, not long after the stadium is opened, assuming a buyer can be found.

The £300m loan, though, is not enough to build a 60,000 seat stadium. Spurs new stadium is reported to be costing £750m for 61,000 seats. The cost is inflated, firstly, because it's in London and, and secondly, because of the NFL link which requires two different fields of play. Also building costs have risen because of the rising costs of raw materials, falling pound etc.

I believe that the Board will work very hard to make the new stadium a reality as it is the only way that they can make a substantial profit on their investments. If Moshiri is here only for the profit, the club will be sold, not long after the stadium is opened, assuming a buyer can be found.

The £300m loan, though, is not enough to build a 60,000 seat stadium. Spurs new stadium is reported to be costing £750m for 61,000 seats. The cost is inflated, firstly, because it's in London and, and secondly, because of the NFL link which requires two different fields of play. Also building costs have risen because of the rising costs of raw materials, falling pound etc.
I would hope that those with the long term interest of the club at heart will be looking at the cost and repayment and future ownership of this stadium and not load massive debt onto the club.

If that means less capacity then so be it. As long as there's a stunning design and atmospherics and the possibility of adding to capacity in the future, that's the main thing. Keeping cost down on this stadium is essential, imo. I dont think someone like Moshiri will be remotely arsed how much it costs or how long we'd be in debt over it for. As you say, Moshiri is here for the short haul.

CheapHotWater.jpg

The bogzs in the Bill Kenwright stand are looking good!

Another false dawn will be hard to come back from as far as the fanbase is concerned. I fear if BM did fall through then the apathy at Everton would become as good as terminal.

Yip.

Certainly among anyone over 50.

It would take a generation to recover and those of us whom the good Lord affords the time will probably have succumbed to the apathy :pint2:

...Joe Anderson saying everything is progressing well and there’s nothing to worry about. Mind you, when a politician says there’s nothing to worry about it usually means there is something to worry about:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-joe-tells-everton-fans-13814040
Welcome to March 2017.

There's nothing at all there that suggests progress. Just Anderson getting his mug in the media again because he's a publicity junky.

We're is the Key Principles document promised three months ago and then promised again a month back?

Nowhere.

This has stalled to all intents and purposes. Sure, some minor preparation work could be going on, but financing this looks fanciful and it affects everything else.

Welcome to March 2017.

There's nothing at all there that suggests progress. Just Anderson getting his mug in the media again because he's a publicity junky.

We're is the Key Principles document promised three months ago and then promised again a month back?

Nowhere.

This has stalled to all intents and purposes. Sure, some minor preparation work could be going on, but financing this looks fanciful and it affects everything else.

..some thought the failure to capture the Commonwealth Games is a factor but not according to Joe. Seems it’s all down to finding the funding which is a concern given the advantageous deal we’ve supposedly secured.