New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've seen some of the posts you mentioned in the past and you seem a credible source so thanks for the update.

Surprised about the Capacity though. Contradicts quite a few things i've personally heard and would also be a massive let down if the club were settling for a Stadium on a par with Newcastle and Sunderland as opposed to the rest of the big clubs, bar Man United, with West Ham also having close to 60K now.

Can't see how they could possibly justify anything less than 55K and that was the proposed number for the Kings Dock when we now have record season tickets sales so that is the only thing that surprises me about your post and makes me think that maybe your contact is not giving everything away there. Would expect closer to 60K than 50K personally.

I think that contact - who don't forget isn't at the Everton end of things - has told me everything he knows. Everton may well be working on something bigger than 50k. But in terms of what he has been privy to, it's been 50k max

I think that contact - who don't forget isn't at the Everton end of things - has told me everything he knows. Everton may well be working on something bigger than 50k. But in terms of what he has been privy to, it's been 50k max

Right, I misread your initial post sorry. Thought you meant that the 50K thing had been confirmed by your contact at the Everton end which is what surprised me.

It was Joe Anderson who originally gave the figure of 50K so maybe that is what has been communicated to most people at LCC, and it is Everton who have the idea to make it much bigger which ties in with what else you said about why things are taking longer as there are extra complications arising from the bigger Capacity.

Now a few things have come to light like what you've said in the rest of your post, I do think it is slightly concerning that Everton haven't got a grip of this yet. I fully understand the complications that will be present in a project like this, but this next 3-5 years is a crucial period in the clubs history. With Spurs, Man City and Liverpool all expanding their Capacity and making the top 6 even harder to break in to, we are at real risk of falling behind completely due to the money that is in the game.

Still optimistic it will all turn out OK, but hope some positive news comes out before the New Year.

If this is the case why is Meis putting 60000 and smiley faces and links to amazing the noise 60000 can make etc???
he was also saying very soon in March when asked about Renderings etc so something is definitely not right and things are not going as planned or we would of had more information.
This now seems very similar to Peter Johnstones cronton stadium plans all hot air and no substance
Fooled again, F*** you Everton when will I learn

We will get there, have faith. There is a problem quite a few of us fans are getting on so a certain life event may catch up before the stadium is built. So cut out the negative vibes and be positive about the stadium. We owe it to our selves and the future fans.

WE ARE EVERTON.

I did say "I'm not so sure". And I should have added, that while the design I've been told about isn't a 4-stander, it was described to me as being amazing. Box doesn't have to be boring. And there still isn't a final design anyway - so it's all up for grabs.
It's possible that the delay is due to Everton being determined to deliver something bigger than 50k and trying to work around that.
Try not to despair!
Sir JOHN Hall the former Newcastle owner stated today that a 60,000 seater stadium is needed if Newcastle are to compete at the top
We will need this at least.
61878 seems a good figure to go with

Sir JOHN Hall the former Newcastle owner stated today that a 60,000 seater stadium is needed if Newcastle are to compete at the top
We will need this at least.
61878 seems a good figure to go with

It's not happening, we don't have the money.

Trying to be positive but after so many false promises, it is hard to hang in there. Wouldn't say I am generally glass half empty but supporting Everton has caused me a lot more pain in my 45 years than joy. Hoping that a big new stadium on the docks would finally give us something to hold on to in the city, changing people's perception as they visit Liverpool or see shots of the waterfront. Many were I live in the south are oblivious to Everton's achievements and the fact that we were for many years bigger than LFC. Reds that I know are dismissing BMD as a Council stadium that it will never happen.

I'm still fairly certain it will happen, too much to gain for all parties not to. I would say IF there is a thing holding it up then it may be possible we are still trying to source some more investment and that might be the difference between having a Kirkby style cattle shed and having all singing and all dancing one.

I reckon the plans will already be in place for if we secure 300/400/500 million etc. So once we have a budget things should move swiftly from there.

In addition, there is a feeling that the window for a stadium at BHD is very much time limited. The driving force behind the project from the council end is, undoubtedly, the mayor. Once he's gone, there is a huge question as to whether the appetite from the council end will remain. In short, EFC need to get moving with a firm plan ASAP or it could be too late.

The SPV deal has been presented as being win-win, with the council gaining over £4m a year in fees which they'd otherwise not get. Why do you think the appetite for the project could disappear; do some see the risk as too high? Curious as from the outside looking in it has seemed the biggest potential stumbling block is the upfront finance from Everton's end, not the council's wish for regeneration and the ongoing fees associated with being a guarantor.