New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can give a kind of update from my end. People might remember that I have a source not at the Everton end who has tipped me off on various things in the past - including
  • WHP being a non-starter
  • Stonebridge Cross being offered to EFC
  • The special purchase vehicle which I got the info on 24 hours before announcement
I also now have a contact at the Everton end - so I'm getting titbits (and it's only titbits) here and there.

From the Everton end - as I've shared before - I know that there are things happening, albeit slowly. Meetings are taking place, there are plans and designs in existence, and dialogue is ongoing. It's not a case of no progress being made. People from the club are regularly meeting with Moshiri, or his reps, and the architect. People have been appointed to specific roles on the stadium project. But I think one of the key issues at the moment is agreeing a capacity and style that fits with the club's needs and budget and the expectations of the fans. Previously I'd been convinced that we'd get a stadium with 4 distinct sides and a massive end behind one goal. I'm not so sure that's going to be the case now.

From the other end, it's a bit trickier. Word I've had is that the ball is firmly in Everton's court, and it has been there for quite a while. Some designs have been seen - but nothing bigger than a 50k seater. In addition, there is a feeling that the window for a stadium at BHD is very much time limited. The driving force behind the project from the council end is, undoubtedly, the mayor. Once he's gone, there is a huge question as to whether the appetite from the council end will remain. In short, EFC need to get moving with a firm plan ASAP or it could be too late.

On the one hand, it's not THAT urgent. Joe A is in post for quite a while yet. But - things do need to pick up and fast so that everything gets signed off and started before there's a change in leadership.

If true, sounds like amateur hour, again.

If true, sounds like amateur hour, again.

ITK's are rarely reliable as we know, BUT this reeks of Everton and actually explains a few things that we were all dreding.

I recall Peel urging us to release some info around about 6 months ago. We shouldn't need urging on, we should be driving this train, full steam ahead.

ITK's are rarely reliable as we know, BUT this reeks of Everton and actually explains a few things that we were all dreding.

I recall Peel urging us to release some info around about 6 months ago. We shouldn't need urging on, we should be driving this train, full steam ahead.
@The_La seems credible to me and he has given good information in the past.

While I agree with you here, the other side of that is the club have previously released Stadium plans etc. that haven't come to fruition for numerous reasons, so it's natural to be more cautious about what you put out in the public domain, especially when it's not finalised.

While I agree with you here, the other side of that is the club have previously released Stadium plans etc. that haven't come to fruition for numerous reasons, so it's natural to be more cautious about what you put out in the public domain, especially when it's not finalised.
They haven't come to fruition because they were utter utter bollocks, thats why

I understand that. But,we are not getting ANY tit bits of anything relating to the stadium, let alone finalized plans.

with the amount of people that would be involved with something on this scale, in a city such as Liverpool, you would think some leaked info at least would be present. we have absolutely nothing to go on.

worrying

This 100%. But I don’t trust any of the idiots in charge to actually do it.

if the council start urging us to press on and give us some deadlines, we might end up with something nobody envisaged.

this is the last thing we, as a club want. a hastily designed stadium, drawn up quickly so that we don't lose the land.

its a genuine possibility.

....top businessmen make things happen but nothing appears to be happening.
I think (from The LA's post) what seems to be happening is that the budget appears to be trimming ambitions a bit, both in terms of design and capacity. I have wondered all along how a club like this can shoulder the burden of debt upwards of £400M and maybe those thoughts are exercising the minds of those in the club (maybe outside of Moshiri...who, dont forget, still are the majority stockholders) who wince at the thought of going way over the quoted £300M cost for the long term stability of the club. The probability of costs ballooning for a club with our revenue streams and wholly reliant on tv cash to continue at current insane levels maybe also has spooked investors.

I'm far from being an industry expert, but reading between the lines we may have initially bitten off more than we can chew. My suspicion all along is that we need more investors in the boardroom and/or commercial partners who can take the strain of this stadium build.

To me, it looks fanciful that this now goes ahead without a major rethink on ambition and finances.

I think (from The LA's post) what seems to be happening is that the budget appears to be trimming ambitions a bit, both in terms of design and capacity. I have wondered all along how a club like this can shoulder the burden of debt upwards of £400M and maybe those thoughts are exercising the minds of those in the club (maybe outside of Moshiri...who, dont forget, still are the majority stockholders) who wince at the thought of going way over the quoted £300M cost for the long term stability of the club. The probability of costs ballooning for a club with our revenue streams and wholly reliant on tv cash to continue at current insane levels maybe also has spooked investors.

I'm far from being an industry expert, but reading between the lines we may have initially bitten off more than we can chew. My suspicion all along is that we need more investors in the boardroom and/or commercial partners who can take the strain of this stadium build.

To me, it looks fanciful that this now goes ahead without a major rethink on ambition and finances.

Should have been the first & only line tbh