New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can give a kind of update from my end. People might remember that I have a source not at the Everton end who has tipped me off on various things in the past - including
  • WHP being a non-starter
  • Stonebridge Cross being offered to EFC
  • The special purchase vehicle which I got the info on 24 hours before announcement
I also now have a contact at the Everton end - so I'm getting titbits (and it's only titbits) here and there.

From the Everton end - as I've shared before - I know that there are things happening, albeit slowly. Meetings are taking place, there are plans and designs in existence, and dialogue is ongoing. It's not a case of no progress being made. People from the club are regularly meeting with Moshiri, or his reps, and the architect. People have been appointed to specific roles on the stadium project. But I think one of the key issues at the moment is agreeing a capacity and style that fits with the club's needs and budget and the expectations of the fans. Previously I'd been convinced that we'd get a stadium with 4 distinct sides and a massive end behind one goal. I'm not so sure that's going to be the case now.

From the other end, it's a bit trickier. Word I've had is that the ball is firmly in Everton's court, and it has been there for quite a while. Some designs have been seen - but nothing bigger than a 50k seater. In addition, there is a feeling that the window for a stadium at BHD is very much time limited. The driving force behind the project from the council end is, undoubtedly, the mayor. Once he's gone, there is a huge question as to whether the appetite from the council end will remain. In short, EFC need to get moving with a firm plan ASAP or it could be too late.

On the one hand, it's not THAT urgent. Joe A is in post for quite a while yet. But - things do need to pick up and fast so that everything gets signed off and started before there's a change in leadership.
We're a joke, why did we have to go around giving in the billy big balls when in reality we're getting a 50,000 box standard stadium. Dear Everton, go forth and multiply.

We're a joke, why did we have to go around giving in the billy big balls when in reality we're getting a 50,000 box standard stadium. Dear Everton, go forth and multiply.

I did say "I'm not so sure". And I should have added, that while the design I've been told about isn't a 4-stander, it was described to me as being amazing. Box doesn't have to be boring. And there still isn't a final design anyway - so it's all up for grabs.
It's possible that the delay is due to Everton being determined to deliver something bigger than 50k and trying to work around that.
Try not to despair!

I did say "I'm not so sure". And I should have added, that while the design I've been told about isn't a 4-stander, it was described to me as being amazing. Box doesn't have to be boring. And there still isn't a final design anyway - so it's all up for grabs.
It's possible that the delay is due to Everton being determined to deliver something bigger than 50k and trying to work around that.
Try not to despair!
Thanks for the reply, I meant box standard as in "bog standard"

I can give a kind of update from my end. People might remember that I have a source not at the Everton end who has tipped me off on various things in the past - including
  • The special purchase vehicle which I got the info on 24 hours before announcement
I also now have a contact at the Everton end - so I'm getting titbits (and it's only titbits) here and there.

From the Everton end - as I've shared before - I know that there are things happening, albeit slowly. Meetings are taking place, there are plans and designs in existence, and dialogue is ongoing. It's not a case of no progress being made. People from the club are regularly meeting with Moshiri, or his reps, and the architect. People have been appointed to specific roles on the stadium project. But I think one of the key issues at the moment is agreeing a capacity and style that fits with the club's needs and budget and the expectations of the fans. Previously I'd been convinced that we'd get a stadium with 4 distinct sides and a massive end behind one goal. I'm not so sure that's going to be the case now.

From the other end, it's a bit trickier. Word I've had is that the ball is firmly in Everton's court, and it has been there for quite a while. Some designs have been seen - but nothing bigger than a 50k seater. In addition, there is a feeling that the window for a stadium at BHD is very much time limited. The driving force behind the project from the council end is, undoubtedly, the mayor. Once he's gone, there is a huge question as to whether the appetite from the council end will remain. In short, EFC need to get moving with a firm plan ASAP or it could be too late.

On the one hand, it's not THAT urgent. Joe A is in post for quite a while yet. But - things do need to pick up and fast so that everything gets signed off and started before there's a change in leadership.
Thanks for the update.

To me, that's concerning. To have no definite vision with regard to capacity and design, and to be so reliant on a local politician who isn't exactly popular within his own party and local authority is shockingly bad.

We are very vulnerable it seems to me.

Bit unlike Everton to dither over something.

Thanks for the update.

To me, that's concerning. To have no definite vision with regard to capacity and design, and to be so reliant on a local politician who isn't exactly popular within his own party and local authority is shockingly bad.

We are very vulnerable it seems to me.

18 months into design and they haven't nailed down an actual capacity. Which in turn alters literally everyother bit of the stadium design.

dear god.

and we are hoping for some decisive decision making in the coming weeks from moshiri.

*face-palms

18 months into design and they haven't nailed down an actual capacity. Which in turn alters literally everyother bit of the stadium design.

dear god.

and we are hoping for some decisive decision making in the coming weeks from moshiri.

*face-palms

I think we now have to stop waiting for our Key Principles document. No wonder that never seen the light of day. It sounds like a 'kin fiasco.

I think we now have to stop waiting for our Key Principles document. No wonder that never seen the light of day. It sounds like a 'kin fiasco.

do we even employ a 'project manager' regards all thing stadium?? you know like big corporations would, someone experienced who excels on getting projects like this off the ground and done within timeframes and budgets??

from the outside looking in, its as if moshiri and kenwright have a duplo set which acts as the stadium design and forever changing it around and emailing dan meis pics of it.

this area is a world heritage site too, which brings huge problems. we need real people on board to navigate us around all this sort of stuff. I doubt we even have anyone in place.

do we even employ a 'project manager' regards all thing stadiam?? you know like big corporations would, someone experienced who excels on getting projects like this off the ground and done within timeframes and budgets??

from the outside looking in, its as if moshiri and kenwright have a duplo set which acts as the stadium design and forever changing it around and emailing dan meis pics of it.

this area is a world heritage site too, which brings huge problems. we need real people on board to navigate us around all this sort of stuff. I doubt we even have anyone in place.
I think someone once suggested Edelman - the director who oversaw The Emirates for Arsenal - should be brought in, or similar figure.

But why do that when we have Elstone?!

I think someone once suggested Edelman - the director who oversaw The Emirates for Arsenal - should be brought in, or similar figure.

But why do that when we have Elstone?!

yes this is what worries me.

I heard at one point david dein was being suggested.

all smoke and no fire as ever tho. along with the BP top dog that was supposed to be coming on board ?? wheres he gone?

ive got a theory, perhaps they had good intentions on joining us, but after the office visit, and meeting moshiri, bill and bob, who were mud wrestling in the board room, surrounded by over flowing 'inbox paperwork' they thought better of it.