New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why's that? Should we not respond with out thoughts unless we're all stadium funders, builders and designers? Be a pretty short thread this one if that were the case.
No, you should disregard everything that has gone on before, like a victim of domestic violence, believe that we have changed and it won't happen again. You should sit quietly and wait patiently for the next smack to the gob like replacing Lukaku.

This BMD stadium has had less leaks than The Manhattan Project. So secretive that you would think there is nothing to leak. Evertonians are very inquisitive & usually get things in the public domain well before they should be. This time zero.

This BMD stadium has had less leaks than The Manhattan Project. So secretive that you would think there is nothing to leak. Evertonians are very inquisitive & usually get things in the public domain well before they should be. This time zero.

concerning.

I only say this, because as you point out, Evertonians are akin to KGB agents in there work and can normally dig something up!

we have a grand total of nada

I've mentioned before, there is a person who I know has seen the plans and is working on the project but was forced to sign a confidentiality agreement before he got anywhere near things. They are being very careful on this project.

I remember before WHP was muted, that Elstone said Everton had had plans drawn up for a Stadium with the most iconic home End in world football. We just needed the finance to start the ball rolling. Wonder what happened to that design? Now we haven't even got a finalised design, 22 months after Dan Meis announced he was working on a new stadium for Everton Football Club. That was before Moshiri bought his shareholding. Something doesn't add up.

I can give a kind of update from my end. People might remember that I have a source not at the Everton end who has tipped me off on various things in the past - including
  • WHP being a non-starter
  • Stonebridge Cross being offered to EFC
  • The special purchase vehicle which I got the info on 24 hours before announcement
I also now have a contact at the Everton end - so I'm getting titbits (and it's only titbits) here and there.

From the Everton end - as I've shared before - I know that there are things happening, albeit slowly. Meetings are taking place, there are plans and designs in existence, and dialogue is ongoing. It's not a case of no progress being made. People from the club are regularly meeting with Moshiri, or his reps, and the architect. People have been appointed to specific roles on the stadium project. But I think one of the key issues at the moment is agreeing a capacity and style that fits with the club's needs and budget and the expectations of the fans. Previously I'd been convinced that we'd get a stadium with 4 distinct sides and a massive end behind one goal. I'm not so sure that's going to be the case now.

From the other end, it's a bit trickier. Word I've had is that the ball is firmly in Everton's court, and it has been there for quite a while. Some designs have been seen - but nothing bigger than a 50k seater. In addition, there is a feeling that the window for a stadium at BHD is very much time limited. The driving force behind the project from the council end is, undoubtedly, the mayor. Once he's gone, there is a huge question as to whether the appetite from the council end will remain. In short, EFC need to get moving with a firm plan ASAP or it could be too late.

On the one hand, it's not THAT urgent. Joe A is in post for quite a while yet. But - things do need to pick up and fast so that everything gets signed off and started before there's a change in leadership.

I've seen some of the posts you mentioned in the past and you seem a credible source so thanks for the update.

Surprised about the Capacity though. Contradicts quite a few things i've personally heard and would also be a massive let down if the club were settling for a Stadium on a par with Newcastle and Sunderland as opposed to the rest of the big clubs, bar Man United, with West Ham also having close to 60K now.

Can't see how they could possibly justify anything less than 55K and that was the proposed number for the Kings Dock when we now have record season tickets sales so that is the only thing that surprises me about your post and makes me think that maybe your contact is not giving everything away there. Would expect closer to 60K than 50K personally.

I think if this falls through then that is probably the nail in the coffin for Everton ever becoming a major force in British football again. Can see Moshiri upping sticks and leaving if that stadium does not happen. It is clearly part of his plan (Usmanov or not) and not sure he will have the appetite to push on without stadium to match the ambition to improve on the field of play.

The La's information does seem very 'Everton' and therefore convincing. If we really are stalling on our 3rd stadium plan, pretty much gifted to us in terms of a waterfront location and favourable finance, then I think it will be the end for me and many others. We simply have to get this over the line.

I think if this falls through then that is probably the nail in the coffin for Everton ever becoming a major force in British football again. Can see Moshiri upping sticks and leaving if that stadium does not happen. It is clearly part of his plan (Usmanov or not) and not sure he will have the appetite to push on without stadium to match the ambition to improve on the field of play.

The La's information does seem very 'Everton' and therefore convincing. If we really are stalling on our 3rd stadium plan, pretty much gifted to us in terms of a waterfront location and favourable finance, then I think it will be the end for me and many others. We simply have to get this over the line.

The sad thing is, it's not the flights of fantasy peddled by @DerbyshireAndHarper (which always looked like fibs tbh) - The La will know.