New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah, it's seems to be the trend in stadium hospitality now, a lot of people looking for a premium experience, without the stuffyness of a private box & the loss of atmosphere that is implied with that. I think we will see a higher and higher ratio of premium and possible an a reduction in boxes.

It's a smart play to be honest. If I was advising, I would say maximise semi premium over boxes.

You get to squeeze at both ends. There are probably layers of the existing fanbase who can and maybe would be willing to fork out extra for fantastic view, spacious seats with comfortable extras. We've never tested the market, and I sense the club to some extent are stuck in the view that all Evertonians are scousers existing in the 80's bubble, but it's moved on a fair bit. Liverpool is a thriving city, with lots of problems with poverty but also a lot of wealth.

You also potentially get to pick off people who might want the added extra's but don't like the box stuffyness. I think for me, as a football fan, I couldn't hack the box at all, wearing a suit, no club colours, no singing or chanting. Give me a half way line seat, that is wider and more comfortable and a bit of decent normal food anyday over that!

I also think companies are going to be pulling back from boxes a fair bit, and the government will increasingly close loopholes that allow them to offset tax against it. Semi premium is the way to go. I know Liverpool got some terrible stick for it, but it was more how it was handled, and the fact that they just tried to magically change a bit of an existing stadium into it, so it was a con. If you set out from day 1, to be very clear about what it is, it becomes a lot easier. (I know some reds who were suddenly told their ST had basically doubled, for almost the same thing, but were just going to get a pie at HT).

Bayern do similar when I went to the Allianze. All the best seats front couple of rows 2nd tier, and in and around the half way line were semi premium. It's the best vantage point and it's a good idea to make it abit special.

I know we generate next to nothing from corporate stuff on match days, but no one is going to be buying a Loge box to watch us lose to the likes of Newcastle and Southampton lol lol

Companies (and rich supporters like Noel Gallagher) buy a box like a season ticket.

The companies then invite guests/clients and the match decides which clients they invite. Company I worked at had a block of premium seats at new Wembley, Millenium Stadium, Murryfield, Old Trafford, and iirc, The Emirates.

I got to use the Millenium Stadium one for the very first match, (good clients), and the OT ones for me and my mates for an FA Cup 3rd Round against Sunderland! (Not PL Sunderland!).

I think we will be sticking to our current Dale St bevvy b4 the game, jump on the train at Moorfields for 1 stop at 2.40pm, into our seat right on kick off.

No idea. But it wouldnt be a surprise.
Its an artice from march. Apoligies all D92DBA04-0A9C-4C63-AE63-04B44548A4D6.png