New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can't think of any new stadiums with old school tiers, I assume it's an engineering or a safety thing? Can anyone enlighten me? All of my favourite stadia have overhanging tiers makes you feel much closer to the action and they seem much noisier.
No, not like Goodison but there are overlapping tiers such as the Emirates and Millenium Stadium. Frankly the brief to mimic Goodison got as far as first row distance to the playing surface, there's no other nods to Goodison whatsoever.

It's why I take a peek now and then. Great comedy, all done so sincerely.
That's the crazy thing.

You read some posts on there, you can tell they have been penned by some absolute chin strokers.

They probably have a zoom group chat with trusted confidants reading out a draft (v39) before hitting the post button.

I'd love Carlos to register there and cause chaos in random threads.

I can't think of any new stadiums with old school tiers, I assume it's an engineering or a safety thing? Can anyone enlighten me? All of my favourite stadia have overhanging tiers makes you feel much closer to the action and they seem much noisier.

You kidding right?

At the hole punch stadium Anfield Road is double decker. Aston Villa's Holte End. Arsenal north Bank at Highbury and the Emirates has some overlapping tiers. Chelsea. Old Trafford. Wembley. Celtic Park. Millenneum Stadium.

But BMD will be akin to the 2 big stands at Newcastle. Except they don't look as big.

You kidding right?

At the hole punch stadium Anfield Road is double decker. Aston Villa's Holte End. Arsenal north Bank at Highbury and the Emirates has some overlapping tiers. Chelsea. Old Trafford. Wembley. Celtic Park. Millenneum Stadium.

But BMD will be akin to the 2 big stands at Newcastle. Except they don't look as big.
I did say new stadiums. I wouldn't call Anfield, Villa Park, Highbury, Stamford bridge, old Trafford new.

I've been to the millennium stadium and the new Wembley and I suppose you could call them tiers but they are not overhanging in the way these other stadia are. I was at the Everton Vs Man Utd FA cup semi final 12 years ago or whenever it was in the top tier and I might as well have watched the game on the telly.

I did say new stadiums. I wouldn't call Anfield, Villa Park, Highbury, Stamford bridge, old Trafford new.

I've been to the millennium stadium and the new Wembley and I suppose you could call them tiers but they are not overhanging in the way these other stadia are. I was at the Everton Vs Man Utd FA cup semi final 12 years ago or whenever it was in the top tier and I might as well have watched the game on the telly.
Cantilever stands make sense because you can get more seats in a smaller footprint. That is why it makes sense when you extend a ground. It makes very little sense with a new build though.

The best part of extending a stand is that the existing part doesn't have to meet current building regs. With a new build you have to meet current regs which means bigger seats, bigger spaces between seats, wider concourses and exits.

That is why new stadiums cost so much and tend to have less atmosphere.

Okay they're rebuilds. Splitting hairs like. The point still remains.
It's not splitting hairs. Stadium renovations have more limited footprints on which to build and the new stand has to knit into the remaining parts of the stadium. Brand new stadiums generally have sloping stands with tiers separated by concourses or boxes that have little to no overhang. Like Wembley, the Millennium Stadium and The Emirates, all examples you provided. I'm not sure that this is all that controversial an observation or why it's wound you up so much, Dave?

Cantilever stands make sense because you can get more seats in a smaller footprint. That is why it makes sense when you extend a ground. It makes very little sense with a new build though.

The best part of extending a stand is that the existing part doesn't have to meet current building regs. With a new build you have to meet current regs which means bigger seats, bigger spaces between seats, wider concourses and exits.

That is why new stadiums cost so much and tend to have less atmosphere.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Dave's so cross to be honest.

The Millennium Stadium has a prime example, the 3rd tier may not overlap but the middle tier is completely over the lower which pulls everything closer.

It doesn't cantilever stands allow you to get fans closer to the pitch.

Aye?

I'm talking about overhang / double decker stands. We've got them at Goodison.

What's wrong with making the north stand at BMD double decker?

The footprint is less important in that respect, as you build up.

Aye?

I'm talking about overhang / double decker stands. We've got them at Goodison.

What's wrong with making the north stand at BMD double decker?

The footprint is less important in that respect, as you build up.
Overhanging stands need more steel, which is hugely expensive at the moment. The main issue though is that the seats under the overhang end up with a letterbox view. Unfortunately, that is the exact place you want your premium seats or executive boxes.