New Everton Stadium Discussion

He couldn't be less right if he tried. A week ago he was proclaiming that the club won't be using the name Bramley-Moore Dock any more. Less than a week later the club were releasing updates about Bramley-Moore Dock.

Well the club has to refer to something as no name as yet has been given to new stadium.

Season Ticket prices for Goodison going up because of this stadium project

Sake Moshiri
What did you expect? The money has to come from somewhere. We’ve got years of austerity to come because of it. Amazing how some on here still expect us to spend gazillions & blame FFP for the reason we can’t. The Stadium is gonna hamstring us for years as it has done every team thats built one. We’re no different. I’ve said before, we can’t buy a good team AND have the Stadium. It’s 1 or the other. I want the Stadium, so a few years sacrifice is worth it in my eyes. But fans that think they can have both are deluded. We put all our money on Red, We had one chance, get Europe, increase revenues etc etc & lost. Unfortunately, we’re paying for it.

What did you expect? The money has to come from somewhere. We’ve got years of austerity to come because of it. Amazing how some on here still expect us to spend gazillions & blame FFP for the reason we can’t. The Stadium is gonna hamstring us for years as it has done every team thats built one. We’re no different. I’ve said before, we can’t buy a good team AND have the Stadium. It’s 1 or the other. I want the Stadium, so a few years sacrifice is worth it in my eyes. But fans that think they can have both are deluded. We put all our money on Red, We had one chance, get Europe, increase revenues etc etc & lost. Unfortunately, we’re paying for it.
This is where the whole "the new stadium will help us compete/take us to a new level" argument falls apart. New stadia have to be paid for and by the time it is and it is no longer an impediment the stadium is no longer state of the art and other clubs also improved their facilities so any benefit is diminished. That's not to say we shouldn't do it but it is not going to somehow transform us into a CL club.

This is where the whole "the new stadium will help us compete/take us to a new level" argument falls apart. New stadia have to be paid for and by the time it is and it is no longer an impediment the stadium is no longer state of the art and other clubs also improved their facilities so any benefit is diminished. That's not to say we shouldn't do it but it is not going to somehow transform us into a CL club.

There isnt a club on the planet who have improved on the pitch cos they have a shiny new ground. Long term, the economics make sense. As does the whole infrastructure stuff.

Its, IMO, a beautiful build, and will be our home for another 100 years, if we cut down on hairspray and stuff so it doesnt get washed away, but points on the board wise, its irrelevant.

Was a joke.