New Everton Stadium Discussion

Been going down there nearly every week for almost 3 years, probably smelt bad on less than 6 occasions and a few of them times it was drifting down from Cargills and others
Similar to this.
Been going down there at least once a week since the build started and very rarely noticed any smells. Most of the smells in the area originate from Cargills and United Molasses (what do they do with the rest of the mole?)

We've played next door to the biggest shitpit in the country for the best part of a century so being next door to another ain't no biggy

I make a detour past there every time i head towards town just for the sake of it.
Anyone who comes on here saying it stinks down there, i automatically just assume RS on a trolling mission. Literally just drove past 30 mins ago with windows fully down coz its roasting and nothing.

There used to be the occasional smell there, but that preceded the water treatment plant even being there, and that was because of Tate and Lyle.

The idea that it could somehow interfere with a match experience, with all the additional smells and odours that accompany that, with 50,000+ people, burger vans and other food outlets, ale, smoke, pyro, police horses etc, is just nonsense. A complete non issue.

I make a detour past there every time i head towards town just for the sake of it.
Anyone who comes on here saying it stinks down there, i automatically just assume RS on a trolling mission. Literally just drove past 30 mins ago with windows fully down coz its roasting and nothing.

There used to be the occasional smell there, but that preceded the water treatment plant even being there, and that was because of Tate and Lyle.

The idea that it could somehow interfere with a match experience, with all the additional smells and odours that accompany that, with 50,000+ people, burger vans and other food outlets, ale, smoke, pyro, police horses etc, is just nonsense. A complete non issue.

….its a poo treatment works so it will hum at times, I think wind direction might be a factor ;)

….its a poo treatment works so it will hum at times, I think wind direction might be a factor ;)
Well like i say, I've lived in Bootle my entire life, I've been down there countless times, especially in the last few years, and the so called smell is non existent. But it did used to have a very distinct smell in the 80s and early 90s which doesnt appear to be there any more.

I will stick to being suspicious of trolls.

There's always been a smell around that area from Cargills & United Mollases been like that for decades , it honks if you are downwind of it.
I think this is what most people mistake the smell for.

It is in the planning documents of the UU plant that if there is a discernable odour emanating from the plant, then they are duty bound to eliminate it at their own cost.

Well like i say, I've lived in Bootle my entire life, I've been down there countless times, especially in the last few years, and the so called smell is non existent. But it did used to have a very distinct smell in the 80s and early 90s which doesnt appear to be there any more.

I’ve been down a fair few times and not smelt a thing.

So as you, I - and countless other blues can testify, United Utilities is capable of making it not smell.

As long as they don’t turn the turd burners on for match day, which I’m sure they won’t, it won’t ever be an issue!

……one of the drone lads recently commented that for the first time since he’s been going down there, there was a bad whiff. It sounds like it is infrequent.