New Everton Stadium Discussion

catastrophic
Bill Kenwright was chairman

But we all know that Moshiri/Usmanov owned 94.1% of Everton and were the real decision makers over the last seven years.

The mess since Moshiri assumed ownership is down to Moshiri and Usmanov.

When they took over we were an upper midtable club, honest but poor.

The mess has all happened in recent years.

But we all know that Moshiri/Usmanov owned 94.1% of Everton and were the real decision makers over the last seven years.

Doesn’t absolve Bill (or the rest of the previous board) from fiddling while Rome burned as things stand.
It’s been fairly well documented Bill in particular was still involving himself in transfers etc. so he was hardly a bystander.
Maybe in the future more will come out and its revealed it could have been even worse, that actually the worst excesses of Mosh / Uzzy were reined in, but i doubt it.
All along for the pay day, inc the golden gag when they left (DBB etc)

Probably wouldn’t find the whole crew so offensive, if it wasn’t for Bill persistent BS about the greatest CEO / what would Everton do etc etc. Proper gas lighting.

Last edited:
Doesn’t absolve Bill (or the rest of the previous board) from fiddling while Rome burned as things stand.
It’s been fairly well documented Bill in particular was still involving himself in transfers etc. so he was hardly a bystander.
Maybe in the future more will come out and its revealed it could have been even worse, that actually the worst excesses of Mosh / Uzzy were reined in, but i doubt it.
All along for the pay day, inc the golden gag when they left (DBB etc)

Probably wouldn’t find the whole crew so offensive, if it wasn’t for Bill persistent BS about the greatest CEO / what would Everton do etc etc. Proper gas lighting.
Kenwright was fully hands on post Moshiri arriving, perhaps even more so as he no longer had to scour for dubious short term loans from his social network. With that distraction gone and once he had access to Moshiri/USM funds, he was a kid in a toy shop. As to why the 94.1% shareholder, did not rein him in perhaps time will tell on that one.

Kenwright also used the sudden availability of funding to pack the club with his acolytes from CEO, board members, communications eexecs down to academy assistant coaches over the last several years. It's going to take time to undo some of that yet.

Kenwright took us from champions to no hopers,

Kenwright and Mosh took us from there to points deductions.

Mosh at least delivered a stadium.

Oh I see we’re still pitting Kenwright and Moshiri against each other for some utterly bizarre and nonsensical reason, as if they were opposing forces that we need to pick a side on to decide who was better or worse. We’re still doing this in big old 2024 apparently.

One of my mates sent me this photo he just took from the train
1000014827.jpg

You do know Everton were in deep debt before Moshiri took over i take it, you do know one of the conditions Kenwright finally sold to Moshiri, was that they kept him on as Chairman Bill, so that he could keep hold of his trainset. Make no mistake Moshiri have the money and Bill helped squander it, him and his board, handpicked nobodies/ lapdogs let us for commercially. Moshiri's biggest mistake in my view was keeping Bill on and not letting professionals run us.

Oh I see we’re still pitting Kenwright and Moshiri against each other for some utterly bizarre and nonsensical reason, as if they were opposing forces that we need to pick a side on to decide who was better or worse. We’re still doing this in big old 2024 apparently.
No I blame BK for most things wrong with Everton currently in his 30years on the board.
However his joint legacy alongside Mosh has been to drop us even further.
BKs legacy is decay.

At least Mosh initiated the stadium build, but was undermined by Usmanov being sanctioned, so a shorter and slightly less tarnished record.

You do know Everton were in deep debt before Moshiri took over i take it, you do know one of the conditions Kenwright finally sold to Moshiri, was that they kept him on as Chairman Bill, so that he could keep hold of his trainset. Make no mistake Moshiri have the money and Bill helped squander it, him and his board, handpicked nobodies/ lapdogs let us for commercially. Moshiri's biggest mistake in my view was keeping Bill on and not letting professionals run us.

100000000000 billion this

i said the other day we may not have been in this position had we been ran correctly

I’m sorry why are these highlights? :lol:
No need to be sorry, let me explain. Amid a terrible period of time for the club, there were days and events that lifted the gloom and provided some levity (or highlights).

I personally enjoyed watching Rodriguez play in an Everton shirt (so that's a highlight for me) and I enjoyed watching a manager with the class and experience of Ancelotti leading the Blues (so that's another). I should have included Big Dunc' picking up the ballboy when we beat Chelsea as another highlight. Hearing the crowd sing "Spirit of the Blues", another highlight.

Of course, if I was to list the low lights they would significantly outnumber the highlights. Nevertheless, there were glimpses of joy every now and then.

At my age, I choose to be a "glass half full" bloke and will keep looking for silver linings and hoping for better things in future for the club and its supporters (you included).

:cheers:

Kenwright took us from champions to no hopers,

Kenwright and Mosh took us from there to points deductions.

Mosh at least delivered a stadium.
We were no where near champions when Kenwright took over. We had been fighting relegation year on year. Kenwright brought in Moyes and Martinez and for the most part we had a very good team and excellent players. The last 8 years admittedly have been an absolute disaster but not sure that is down to Bill.