New Everton Stadium

Only 15k voted for it out of 36k ballot papers. Over 10k voted against and almost 11k abstained. That was after a hobson's choice vote of Kirkby or nothing. KEIOC had just a few short weeks to put up a counter argument. Within a few weeks of ballot it began to unravel as KEIOC started to pick apart the various lies underpinning it. Long before the public inquiry, not a single poll on any EFC forum I can remember showed more than a few percent support for it. Pretty much the only people still posting in favour of it on toffeeweb were club stooges. By the time the inquiry was complete even the club had dropped it.

Do you remember a username on blue kipper called John_99 or something during this farce?

Kept posting propaganda saying goodison will burn to ground and won’t be allowed to be a stadium in a matter of years and some other guff.

He was definitely a Kenwright or one of his cronies trying to get fan approval.

Do you remember a username on blue kipper called John_99 or something during this farce?

Kept posting propaganda saying goodison will burn to ground and won’t be allowed to be a stadium in a matter of years and some other guff.

He was definitely a Kenwright or one of his cronies trying to get fan approval.

Think that was a fella called John Burns. Kept changing his stance and contradicting himself. Was madly pro-kings dock before that, then pro-Kirkby and anti-Kings Dock afterwards.

There were a few pro-kirkby poster's names.... who it was found shared the same address. They were never heard of again...... Ian Ross and his many alter-egos.

Think that was a fella called John Burns. Kept changing his stance and contradicting himself. Was madly pro-kings dock before that, then pro-Kirkby and anti-Kings Dock afterwards.

There were a few pro-kirkby poster's names.... who it was found shared the same address. They were never heard of again...... Ian Ross and his many alter-egos.

Yep Ian Ross makes sense as the driving force. It was tin foil head stuff he was spouting that it was actual comedy.

Thanks for the further insight.

Only 15k voted for it out of 36k ballot papers. Over 10k voted against and almost 11k abstained. That was after a hobson's choice vote of Kirkby or nothing. KEIOC had just a few short weeks to put up a counter argument. Within a few weeks of ballot it began to unravel as KEIOC started to pick apart the various lies underpinning it. Long before the public inquiry, not a single poll on any EFC forum I can remember showed more than a few percent support for it. Pretty much the only people still posting in favour of it on toffeeweb were club stooges. By the time the inquiry was complete even the club had dropped it.

Looking across the river to bramley
I’m so glad I voted no in that ballot

Imagine It got off the ground doesn’t bare thinking about now I remember the hate towards KEOIC on forums at the time they helped save the club no end

I guess your new owner (touch wood) decided it was easier to just buy a club with a Dan Meis stadium almost ready to go than trying to build one in Rome. :lol:

I remember the early days of this thread when it looked like a close run thing which stadium would be built first. As it is, obviously the Roma project hasn't happened (yet?). BMD, on the other hand, is looking gorgeous.

Anti seagull guns too, loads of the buggers lately. Just be my luck my first burger and chips at the new stadium gets cacked on by a brooding seagull
Screenshot_20240327_130532_Samsung Internet.webp

Already sorted mate. Not messing with guns, we're going for lasers (it is the 21st century after all). My ITK contact says they're still working on making the lasers blue 😉👍

View attachment 261679
Already sorted mate. Not messing with guns, we're going for lasers (it is the 21st century after all). My ITK contact says they're still working on making the lasers blue 😉👍
Update: my ITK contact (sorry can't reveal my source) tells me that they also tried to install additional anti-kopite lasers in the hydraulic tower but they couldn't get the requisite listed building consent 🤷‍♂️😞. Curse those Heritage bores 😡

John Burns it was indeed. Known as Walking Eagle to many of us for reasons so obscure I can barely remember them. I met him a couple of times and he was a nice enough bloke just almost certainly quite a long way to one end of the autism spectrum.

Good Lord my son!!! Have you discovered the real identity of @davek ?

God bless.

Bill Kenwright was chairman

But we all know that Moshiri/Usmanov owned 94.1% of Everton and were the real decision makers over the last seven years.

The mess since Moshiri assumed ownership is down to Moshiri and Usmanov.

When they took over we were an upper midtable club, honest but poor.

The mess has all happened in recent years.

Nonsense. Bill Kenwright was in a position of influence as he was the one using "friends of the club" loans from Rights and Media Funding for leverage.

Those loans with R&MF were started to be taken out 6 months prior to Moshiri arrived at Everton in 2016.

It is complete historical revisionism to try and claim it is "poor old Bill" who wasn't involved in everything

Moshiri couldn't remove him due to those R&MF loans

Bill Kenwright was a disgrace. Pure and simple.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back