New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think there'll be 50,000 reports next year. God knows how those new bars that have bought properties opposite will be affected - it really would make you get away from that area asap - made me nauseous.

Round there all the time. You've either been very unlucky or maybe you're just a bit sensitive, because it's not been noticeable to me.

Anyway mate, maybe you've not seen it, but I asked yesterday who has steeper stands (In English football) than BMD. I'd be very interested to know.

Just paid a visit to Bramley Moore - the stench by that North Gate/End is awful. 🤢 I know the drone flyers rarely comment on it but I really think that's because most of the time the furthest north they go is Blackstone St.
Gee I hope something can be done about that if so - but no idea what. Surely the club knew this going into the project.

No club in its right mind would surely build a home for the next 100+ years next to a poo-smelling waste facility unless they had a way to mitigate it.

I've been to BMD twice and didn't smell anything untowards, but the Kopites will have a field day calling us the Bluechite and we'll not be about to argue against it.

Gee I hope something can be done about that if so - but no idea what. Surely the club knew this going into the project.

No club in its right mind would surely build a home for the next 100+ years next to a poo-smelling waste facility unless they had a way to mitigate it.

I've been to BMD twice and didn't smell anything untowards, but the Kopites will have a field day calling us the Bluechite and we'll not be about to argue against it.

Who gibes a toss what the kopites think? They've just spent over a quarter of a billion and they've still got a ground that is categorically deemed, in black and white, unfit to hold top class international tournaments.

It's in one of the worst areas in the city, it's an eyesore, and because of the hatchet job done in redeveloping, it's unlikely to ever benefit from any changes to safe standing capacity.

Apart from them having several thousand seats more (a lot of which are crap places/specks to watch football from btw, again due to the hatchet job), our new home is superior to theirs in every way possible.

Round there all the time. You've either been very unlucky or maybe you're just a bit sensitive, because it's not been noticeable to me.

Anyway mate, maybe you've not seen it, but I asked yesterday who has steeper stands (In English football) than BMD. I'd be very interested to know.
Same, been going for over 3 years and hardly noticed anything. More noticeable when you drive further north past Cargills etc

I’ve been more times than I can remember and only once smelt something further towards Sandhills.

Even if it does, no way will United Utilities be allowed to do that during events.

I was told they did oppose the stadium originally from a project manager from LOR at the BMD pub which was kept quiet.

Caught a glimpse of it on the train over a year ago but not seen it up close yet - intentionally.

Just hoping it's not a let down when I do eventually get to see it...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.