New Everton Stadium Discussion

Here's a question - I wonder if the club had to get approval from Heritage England to paint the Mooring bollard blue in memory of Michael Jones ? (A really nice touch IMO)

And if not it then raises the question as to whether other items on site can be painted blue.

I only raise the question given the absolute lack of any blue on the exterior of the stadium or its surrounds.

What do people think ?

Does anybody know whether the wind baffles, which are set to line the length of the South Stand, will 'intrude' on the Everton Way mosaic? The images released by Everton don't show the baffles, but do show these sign-post structures (unless these are supposed to represent the baffles?)

0_Everton-Way-Artists-Impression-1.jpg

….hope the names are alphabetical, folk will be falling over each other trying to find the one they bought.

Here's a question - I wonder if the club had to get approval from Heritage England to paint the Mooring bollard blue in memory of Michael Jones ? (A really nice touch IMO)

And if not it then raises the question as to whether other items on site can be painted blue.

I only raise the question given the absolute lack of any blue on the exterior of the stadium or its surrounds.

What do people think ?
That Eiffel 65 song came into my head when I was reading this and now it won’t leave

What do people think ?

Based on nothing whatsoever other than a guess, maybe they just did it and expect the heritage police to turn a blind eye which they obviously should do. It'll be a one off, probably.

What do people think ?

Paint it blue, paint it all blue.
Liver bird, City tower, Anfield, paint it blue

What do people think ?
I'm sure there will be blue added around the ground near or after the full completion when they are doing the cosmetic finishing touches

I'm sure there will be blue added around the ground near or after the full completion when they are doing the cosmetic finishing touches
Perhaps it will be dressed up with blue flags and blue banners on match day. Might not have used any blue in the construction materials due to heritage concerns and so it is more neutral for non football events.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.