New Everton Stadium

I wouldn’t be happy with that, that would mean the Docklandstrail heritage centre would have to go, also the FoA canoe/Kayak club,
Which has a lot of players who represent Great Britain and theres also a firm called Complete Training Solutions.
All based in Collingwood dock opposite the Tobacco warehouse

It looks like the 'pens' for the water activities are still there mate, little tarted up, but if they are still shown surely they will be used?

There's 3 " pitches" there at the moment, basically add another "pen" next to the two shown, with the clubhouse (modified containers) on the left looking down on the pitches.
Love to know what them 4 low rise buildings are earmarked for.
Scary thing is the clubs lease runs out next year

Quite the opposite.

I posted a while back we needed what Canary Wharf did to get built: no red tape and low tax rates to build some proper high rises and get some big businesses there.
Canary Wharf is in big trouble, though. Those giant skyrise office blocks are really struggling to lease their offices out. Then take into account that Liverpool isn't London and I'm not sure giant commercial buildings are economically viable.

Unless they have adequate free parking provision nearby I don't see too many making it a non match day destination for food.
Agreed. Corporate events, weddings, birthday parties etc definitely, but can't see them staffing the bars and restaurants hoping people just turn up. If they stick a cafe in the Hydraulic Tower then maybe that's something they would keep open, especially if there is a museum in there also, but genuinely can't see it for other areas of the ground.

Agreed. Corporate events, weddings, birthday parties etc definitely, but can't see them staffing the bars and restaurants hoping people just turn up. If they stick a cafe in the Hydraulic Tower then maybe that's something they would keep open, especially if there is a museum in there also, but genuinely can't see it for other areas of the ground.
People will be falling over themselves to hold events there. The location alone pretty much guarantees it.
The corporate overlooking the river will be the hottest ticket in town.
The fan plaza is as big as the Pier Head so pretty much an open book what it can host.
We won't be short of stuff outside of the rubbish footy to keep the bar staff busy.

They have just done a big piece in the CIBSE journal about BMD (Cibse is the society of building services engineers) about the plant and equipment installed. Any of you who are Mechanical or Electrical anoraks like me, might find it interesting.

https://www.cibsejournal.com/newsletters/30-08-2024/

There is very little in there that a team I was leading 10 years ago weren't implementing. Amazing the difference it makes having the press.....

Not knocking it, as it all good stuff, but the whole DfMA is the future, LOR are showing the way is absolute horseshit tbqhwy.

In fact, my last 10 years of employment has been based on me ensuring that consultants have a better understanding of installation practices to design for installation, rather than just crayon drawings that they effectively chucked out for many years. Buro Happold doing it for this one project isn't a showcase of their amazing capabilities, it's actually an admittance that they've finally had to change.

There is very little in there that a team I was leading 10 years ago weren't implementing. Amazing the difference it makes having the press.....

Not knocking it, as it all good stuff, but the whole DfMA is the future, LOR are showing the way is absolute horseshit tbqhwy.

In fact, my last 10 years of employment has been based on me ensuring that consultants have a better understanding of installation practices to design for installation, rather than just crayon drawings that they effectively chucked out for many years. Buro Happold doing it for this one project isn't a showcase of their amazing capabilities, it's actually an admittance that they've finally had to change.
its a different scale but I knew of McDonalds doing this modular approach 20+ years ago, IIRC the quickest they went from a concrete base slab to selling burgers was a couple of days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back