New Everton Stadium

No mate, I walk all the way to Marine a lot of the time and it takes us circa 35 mins. from the area close to the Lidl. It's 2.2 miles according to Google Maps. I used to get the train, only thing is though, it's like 4 minutes on the train to Blundellsands & Crosby, and the trains can sometimes be unreliable, so unless it pisses down, I just walk. I don't end up getting the to ground too early then, as I don't have to factor in possible delays. I know if I leave the house 55 mins before kick-off I will get to Marine 20 mins before kick-off, which is optimum for me, for most games.

Anyway, back on topic: Do these biffs saying it looks like a Tesco not realise there's a much more stunning view of the ground yet to be fully completed?
You can always start by having a pint in Benno's. :)

You could say that nowhere is "murder" to get to in Liverpool, the issue is how easy is it for 50k+ to get to and from it. See Destination Kirkby for how that can work out.

However, the point was made about whether or not it's going to be more or less convenient than it is now for most people, and in stadium planning terms how that might affect the "matchday experience", for better or worse.

The Transport plan is for the most part pretty vague, but it does state clearly that the new site will require substantial modal-shift to public transport to avoid gridlock and excessive dispersal times. In fact, it says it will need to be at least a reversal of proportions from 40:60 now, to 60:40 in favour of public transport. So lots of people who currently drive are expected to leave there cars at home for this to work. At present, BMD is a bit of a public transport blind spot. It is devoid of any public transport within a half mile radius, practically no regular bus routes within a full mile radius, and over half the normal parking catchment area is under water, and it is served by substantially less traffic lanes than GP, which has numerous buses on its doorstep and 360° parking catchment.

Of course, proximity to town and all its hubs and the Northern Line is the key factor, but it's over 1.5 miles to Queens Sqr and Liverpool 1 bus stations where most buses terminate (not Old Hall St or the Denbigh). So a 3 mile walking or shuttle round trip, to then wait in another bus Q. Not Murder no, but certainly not Kings Dock in terms of convenience either. The mention of shuttles is particularly vague. No mention of how many serving what routes and their frequency. I've no idea of the modelled dispersal time, because it's conspicuously absent from the planning docs (unless I've missed it). Gliders/trackless-trams in segregated lanes could greatly improve all of that.... but unless there's been a revision, there is no mention in the transport plan.
What background do you have in Transport Planning Tom?

I've read all the relevant transport related reports and the last thing I'd say about them is that they're 'pretty vague'.

There has been extensive modelling undertaken and consultation with a wide variety of stakeholders, none of which raised any significant concerns.

In terms of any shift away from car travel towards public transport and other methods, the modelling was based on the supporter survey that was undertaken in which 8,000 people responded. This is just under the number of respondents needed to give a confidence level of 95% with a 1% margin of error (based on 52,888 supporters at BM).

The submitted documents go into detail on the shuttle bus service, which has been developed in consultation with a number of operators. Two services, one operating from the City Centre to BM and another from Bootle to BM. Initial estimate of 20 buses to/from the City Centre pre/post match and 9 to/from bootle. All doing two trips so effectively 40 and 18 trips respectively. I'm sure the finite detail will be revealed in due course.

Obviously as with any transport strategy, there will be an element of trial and error as predicting human behaviour can never be guaranteed. However, I'm quite satisfied that BM will be adequately accessible for supporters, more so than Goodison currently is.

I'm sure it has been mentioned numerous times but does anyone know whether the club intends to leave part of Goodison standing once we move? I think it is great that parts of Highbury are still standing and merged in to the current way of life in the area. Whereas it's sad that grounds like Upton Park and Maine Road have basically been lost. I know that Maine Road has a centre circle tribute but it's nothing compared to what they did with Highbury.

Would love it if we keep part of Goodison still standing after we leave so fans can go back and still see part of it.

I'm sure it has been mentioned numerous times but does anyone know whether the club intends to leave part of Goodison standing once we move? I think it is great that parts of Highbury are still standing and merged in to the current way of life in the area. Whereas it's sad that grounds like Upton Park and Maine Road have basically been lost. I know that Maine Road has a centre circle tribute but it's nothing compared to what they did with Highbury.

Would love it if we keep part of Goodison still standing after we leave so fans can go back and still see part of it.
i believe the lower bullens toilets will be retained for future generations to enjoy.

Nothing worse than an engineer who doesn’t know one end of a spanner from the other designing plant
They must think the stores are full of skyhooks 👍

Mate, you'd be SHOCKED at some of the stuff some consultants think is acceptable. I remember one running the pipework through a length of duct as there wasn't the space in the corridor. I get coordination issues, but their coordination lead gave this as actual reasoning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back