New Everton Stadium Discussion

I still can't quite believe this is actually being built. Never thought we'd see the day.
The best part, for me, is that we're just about at the point at which it's too far gone to ever be left as a white elephant a la the Nou Mestalla:

Schermafbeelding%202019-10-09%20om%2008.21.31.png

It's a no-brainer to get our stadium finished from here, no matter what.

Sorry to be ignorant of those proposals. As well as along the dock front it links to Lime Street and other places ?

Originally, the system was mentioned to link the Knowledge Quarter/Royal Hospital back into the city centre via Lime Street. Later and given the relatively simple infrastructure requirements, the stadium connectivity was also mentioned. Think DBB chaired a transport commission for HS2 in The city region and the trackless trams along the waterfront might've come into that.

A canal boat, or similar sized craft, would be able to reach Bramley Moore from the Albert Dock end via the canal link. Fully expect someone to put on a water taxi of some sort on match days.
I’d like to see a commando landing craft to bring all Birkenhead Brigade North Face ninjas over….. they can all come steaming out like the beginning of Saving Private Ryan

I don't know if this has been posted but it should have...

I've seen stupider videos, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Cherry picks the occasional bad headline, uses entirely incorrect facts throughout (e.g. steepest stands of any stadium in the world), uses diagrams of the OLD Everton stadium design throughout, even goes as far as to criticise our stadium for being in North London (in the same spot as our old ground).

Who is this moron?

Your new stadium looks fantastic, no need for this fact free bs to boost it.

Last edited:
Think that was the idea for this season's effort

Nothing more iconic than that beautiful crossed latticework panelling on the bullens rd... If they have led boards at the front of the upper tiers at Bramley Moore, they could recreate it as the default design, maybe when the teams come out
Have asked them numerous times to display it for goals. Near enough everybody of any consequence has a photo with the latticework behind them.

Be great if it is true but I imagine we would not see this in operation for at least another 5 years or so? Who pays for it, who operates it etc?

Given that LCR own the new trains and are taking buses back under control it seems logical to think they'll be publicly owned. Hopefully with funding fron a non fascist govenrnment.

A canal boat, or similar sized craft, would be able to reach Bramley Moore from the Albert Dock end via the canal link. Fully expect someone to put on a water taxi of some sort on match days.

There's two locks to navigate from AD to Nelson, you'd be quicker walking. They could do Princes to Nelson but there's a couple of low bridges they'd have to assess.