New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not to doom monger, but if we can't afford to finish it, we have to return BMD back to it's original state. That won't be cheap either.
It would probably cost more to re-instate than complete at this stage. When complete, it will provide us with tens of millions of extra revenue per season.

While the club is in a complete mess, lets not lose our heads in terms of scrapping the stadium. We don't get rid of the debt by scrapping the stadium.

Honestly some of the takes on here. :Blink:

Agreed, some people actually think the stadium is the solution to our problems instead of potentially the (main) reason for them....... to the extent that it might actually lead to our complete demise.

The only hope is that Moshiri takes the financial hit, and the club is practically "given away" to new owners, who can somehow restructure the ever-growing debt, that is currently threatening to sink our club without trace. Much of the debt has been loaded onto the club via various loans, and the projected increased income from the stadium alone, doesn't appear to come close to covering that.

Agreed, some people actually think the stadium is the solution to our problems instead of potentially the (main) reason for them....... to the extent that it might actually lead to our complete demise.

The only hope is that Moshiri takes the financial hit, and the club is practically "given away" to new owners, who can somehow restructure the ever-growing debt, that is currently threatening to sink our club without trace. Much of the debt has been loaded onto the club via various loans, and the projected increased income from the stadium alone, doesn't appear to come close to covering that.

Tom. Respectfully please do one.

Would the fans still fill this out if we were in League 1 or 2? If yes, then it could enable us to begin the process of turning this mess around, which will take years and years. If not and we’ll be drawing crowds of 15,000, then we will become Leeds, Sheff Wed or worse.

Would the fans still fill this out if we were in League 1 or 2? If yes, then it could enable us to begin the process of turning this mess around, which will take years and years. If not and we’ll be drawing crowds of 15,000, then we will become Leeds, Sheff Wed or worse.
This maybe arrogant or wishful thinking, but I think the worst that will happen is a couple of seasons in the championship a bit like villa, we are bigger and more established in the Premier league than those clubs

The only hope is that Moshiri takes the financial hit, and the club is practically "given away" to new owners
, who can somehow restructure the ever-growing debt, that is currently threatening to sink our club without trace. Much of the debt has been loaded onto the club via various loans, and the projected increased income from the stadium alone, doesn't appear to come close to covering that.
That's something that is incredibly unlikely.

This maybe arrogant or wishful thinking, but I think the worst that will happen is a couple of seasons in the championship a bit like villa, we are bigger and more established in the Premier league than those clubs

The fanbase could save us if they continue turning up and filling out the new stadium. Our revenues will dwarf every club at that level. But I think we’ll need to see a complete overhaul of the squad and wage bill before we can start to look upwards again. We’ll have to have a few seasons of matching the wage bill of clubs like Middlesbrough and Hull before we are back on an even keel. Sadly this almost certainly means stabilising in the Championship for a few seasons at best. I think this is the only realistic way of turning this around.

Is it worth a fans petition to buy Goodison and start a new Everton? Let the carcass of what pretends to be Everton now swan off to BMD and have moshiri and 777 do as they please.

I suspect the ticket price will have a large bearing on whether we can fill it.
If it costs around the £1,000 mark for an ST , which I consider likely, how many will drop away ?
It’s a considerable amount of money to watch a mid table side playing poor football.
Even more so to watch a Championship side.

I suspect the ticket price will have a large bearing on whether we can fill it.
If it costs around the £1,000 mark for an ST , which I consider likely, how many will drop away ?
It’s a considerable amount of money to watch a mid table side playing poor football.
Even more so to watch a Championship side.

They couldn’t justify those prices in the Championship, however as I said we’d need to nuke the wage bill and start again, matching that of mid table clubs in that division. If we can do that then we wouldn’t need to charge extortionate ticket prices and hopefully could fill the stadium. This plan is reliant on losing pretty much every player in the current squad though, including stragglers like Keane, Maupay, Holgate etc. Every player earning over about £40k would have to be sold or released. I’m in favour of that, but it’s going to be tough to find takers for them.

Binman. Respectfully, Rome is burning mate. You may need to get your head out of the sand. The only sacred cow here is the club, not BMD.

Crying about it doesn't help Tom. We are where we are. It's not like we have fallen into this with all the conditions being equal to what we started with.

If anyone predicted we would have had a pandemic that massively increased costs and caused interest rates to rise by over a 1000%, along with a war that knocked out our main source of income, all within a couple of years then they should be rich enough to buy the club to get us out of trouble now.

There is no head in the sand here I can tell you. I'm worried as the next person but just like Rangers are still around, so will we. While the stadium is the immediate cause of our troubles it will also be the thing to help us get back. We just have to suffer whatever consequences and move forward.