New Everton Stadium Discussion

Went to have a gander with my lad on the way home from the game yesterday, it’s only when you’re up close you get the actual scale of it. It’s huge.

And to be honest you can't even get that close to it yet. Where we see it from is the equivalent of looking at the Main Stand from halfway down one of the side streets off Goodison Road, maybe even nearer the top by County Road. Imagine how small the Gwladys St and the Park End look from the same spot, if you could see through terraced houses

Yes. Capacity just under 53,000.

It really is a thing of beauty. My only regret is that we havent really factored in much wiggle room to increase capacity by a good bit. I know we can up it a little bit, and we should get it to 60 ASAP, though it will be 52,888 for a long while I reckon.

But when you see the likes of West Ham and Spurs regularly getting over 60 I think we have missed a trick, after all of this huge effort in making it what it really is - the best Football Stadium in the Prem.

We still have a massive following, but even if only for derbies or Mank games, hosting other competitions and massive events - think it should have been a little bit more. But, probably another fair chunk of expenditure I guess, and it looks like we have been struggling with the initia costs, so hey ho. Oh to have a good chairman/main investor eh.

It really is a thing of beauty. My only regret is that we havent really factored in much wiggle room to increase capacity by a good bit. I know we can up it a little bit, and we should get it to 60 ASAP, though it will be 52,888 for a long while I reckon.

But when you see the likes of West Ham and Spurs regularly getting over 60 I think we have missed a trick, after all of this huge effort in making it what it really is - the best Football Stadium in the Prem.

We still have a massive following, but even if only for derbies or Mank games, hosting other competitions and massive events - think it should have been a little bit more. But, probably another fair chunk of expenditure I guess, and it looks like we have been struggling with the initia costs, so hey ho. Oh to have a good chairman/main investor eh.
There is claim and counter claim as to what safe standing and a change of legislation might do for increasing the capacity, but we're all on a high after this week, so let's leave that there. :)

Not really.
This stadium remains an expensive mistake that could blight our future for many years to come, regardless of its architectural significance.
Time will tell. I think it might mean we finally get the calibre of owner we have hoped for. I also think a few years in, we'll realise we should have done it decades ago. In other words, Kenwright's totally selfish reasons for not securing the King's Dock will be laid bare as the idiocy of an egomaniac even more. Just my opinion/prediction of course.