New Everton Stadium

If we’d left 20 years ago when we should’ve done we wouldn’t be in the position we’re currently in. It has been the noose around our neck.

Again, Goodison doesn't make the decisions. That failure was entirely the fault of the same custodians who failed to modernise, when all others did, some twice. It is the fault of those who failed to accept Gregg's and LCC's offers at Kings Dock. The same decision makers that tried to pack us off the Kirkby spouting lies about most accessible stadium in the country (despite the clause to reduce capacity to 40k or less because of poor accessibility) and impending failed safety certs.....etc.

The noose and the toxicity were the owners, now it is those and the debt! None of which is Goodison's fault.

I think the stand is as legally steep as it can be mate. The lowered the roof but that was for world heritage status demands and that didn't affect the capacity. By that point we'd already agreed on the 52.888 capacity
Sorry I meant why did they knock off 8 rows of seats from the South Stand?

I was thinking it was to reduce the height of the stand but I could be wrong.

Comfortably the highest number of top flight seasons of all but one stadium on the planet surely shouts "talisman", not toxicity?

However, our current debt is potentially highly toxic, and has been instrumental in our recent PSR and team-spending woes, and even has the owner desperate to get off at edge hill, so close to completion. Loading more debt onto the club with every loan off failed prospective new owners. Nothing whatsoever to do with Goodison, except perhaps its 30+yr managed decline under incompetent and often truly toxic custodians.

Mate, I've never seen the club win a trophy and being in the top flight is a pretty low bar to use as sentiment - it's essentially being a "happy to be there" club.

Goodison is horrendous, yes it looks good to the "what a classic stadium crowd", the facilities are horrendous, most of the views (apart from top balc and upper bullens without posts) are tragic.

A river side stadium with first class facilities, as well as being closer to the city centre has people like myself extremely excited to move there.

Part of our debts are surely due to Goodison being inadequate for a team that wants to challenge.

Goodison has a lot of memories for people but it has to go, and you need to let it go my friend.

Mate, I've never seen the club win a trophy and being in the top flight is a pretty low bar to use as sentiment - it's essentially being a "happy to be there" club.

Goodison is horrendous, yes it looks good to the "what a classic stadium crowd", the facilities are horrendous, most of the views (apart from top balc and upper bullens without posts) are tragic.

A river side stadium with first class facilities, as well as being closer to the city centre has people like myself extremely excited to move there.

Part of our debts are surely due to Goodison being inadequate for a team that wants to challenge.

Goodison has a lot of memories for people but it has to go, and you need to let it go my friend.

A stadium near the city centre thats harder to get too for alot of people doesnt make the location better

Yes, we know Goodison's obvious inadequacies. That's the same self fulfilling prophecy, which has been entirely due to the littany of poor decisions culminating in the current debt. The notion that GP is toxic and the cause is completely illogical. GP afforded the club the opportunity to save a fortune and still be fully compliant with the Taylor report and yield 40k at the beginning of the all seater era. It's not GP's fault that they did the absolute bare minimum.

BMD can and should be able to sell its qualities and benefits without the need to scapegoat our ancestral home that had been neglected and allowed to be left behind.

Feel free to demonstrate how our current potentially highly toxic debt is the fault of GP, (that has practically had the squate root of nothing spent on it in 30+yrs), and nothing to do with a new stadium that failed to raise any funding from any major financial institution, even despite an owner funding most of it.

I'd say that witnessing easily the highest number of seasons in the top flight is a very high bar actually, and certainly not indicative of toxicity.

Yes, we know Goodison's obvious inadequacies. That's the same self fulfilling prophecy, which has been entirely due to the littany of poor decisions culminating in the current debt. The notion that GP is toxic and the cause is completely illogical. GP afforded the club the opportunity to save a fortune and still be fully compliant with the Taylor report and yield 40k at the beginning of the all seater era. It's not GP's fault that they did the absolute bare minimum.

BMD can and should be able to sell its qualities and benefits without the need to scapegoat our ancestral home that had been neglected and allowed to be left behind.

Feel free to demonstrate how our current potentially highly toxic debt is the fault of GP, (that has practically had the squate root of nothing spent on it in 30+yrs), and nothing to do with a new stadium that failed to raise any funding from any major financial institution, even despite an owner funding most of it.

I'd say that witnessing easily the highest number of seasons in the top flight is a very high bar actually, and certainly not indicative of toxicity.

Not fully at fault, but staying in a ancient locked in, wooden stadium, with NO ROOM to expand (apart from the Park End) or upgrade the facilities is a major factor.

You'll post something now to highlight how you know something about the technicalities and what you worked on in the past - that won't change my level of thinking I'm afraid. Goodison is rotting and needs bulldozing so people can enjoy going the match as opposed to boomers who think it's a sacred cathedral.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back