New Everton Stadium

Well I live in West Derby. I can walk the match now in an hour or bus it. Were as the new ground is its too far to walk, the bus only takes me to queen square so its at least a 30 min walk from there (after a bus ride) and there is zero trains. That goes for Norris Green/Croxteth aswell.
Its next to a river surrounded by derelict buildings and wasteland. Yes it might be thriving down there in 20 years but id prefer it to be in the middle of the city like Goodison not a place were nobody ventures.
Exactly the same as me when I lived there mate. We moved out and now my journey to the new ground area is difficult to get to on public transport and parking up a car would be hard around there, especially when permit holders only parking comes in to force, as it has from Goodison right down Cherry lane to Townsend ave. My best bet on a match day there would be to drive to Allerton or similar, park up and get the bus, as we do now when we are going to the city centre.

I might join you, I quite like a good piss up at a funeral. You know, the chance to give an old mate or loved one a good send off etc. Let's hope we're not gate-crashed by thousands of kopites celebrating our whole club's debt-driven demise.
The kopites have been celebrating our demise for a very long time now Tom, think it’s more pity now…
Although the new stadium is ruffling a few feathers

It's not all about you pal.

I know its not. You asked why is it harder I told you why.
The 3 areas I mentioned are huge catchment areas for blues who will now find it harder getting to and from the game.
If it brings success great. But that is not guaranteed and we could be wiped out before then. If the ground was amazing id get it. But its just a bit meh

The kopites have been celebrating our demise for a very long time now Tom, think it’s more pity now…
Although the new stadium is ruffling a few feathers

You're right Baz, they have celebrated our "decline" for years..... but they've only ever dreamt of our actual "demise".

Hopefully our debts do not push us over that line. Unfortunately, I think their nest is far too well feathered for BMD to overly bother them.

It will be interesting to see exactly what they come up with and who's funding it. Won't be cheap to sort.
Sandhills is having an investment, so there'll be a larger covered area outside to help ease with the expected increase in demand, plus will cover from the elements.

The glider train trial is intrinsically linked to getting fans too and from the ground along the developed waterfront and Great Howard St area.

Beyond that, there's talk of additional special bus routes and, in the long-run, lots of people cycling to the game. Will it be enough? Who knows!

When you look at those old photos you realise it really was an eyesore before we took over. How anyone could oppose building our stadium on it to begin with, given how deserted and ugly it was in its current state, is quite literally absurd. Idiots.
Kopites mate, bitter irritated cryarse bellends.

Can’t believe some are moaning at this magnificent new ground and development of a dilapidated, neglected part of the city and also at what moshiri and the club have done, this is the only thing moshiri has got bang right.

Can’t believe there’s some moaning about it being harder to get to.

Get into town, few bevvies then a walk or public transport to the magnificent new place, I’m sure there will be new ale houses popping up along the way as well. What’s the beef.

Some need to just stop moaning, this place is the only bright light we have at the moment, and some can’t even enjoy that ffs.

You're right Baz, they have celebrated our "decline" for years..... but they've only ever dreamt of our actual "demise".

Hopefully our debts do not push us over that line. Unfortunately, I think their nest is far too well feathered for BMD to overly bother them.
They may have a bigger capacity, they may have the global fanbase, they may have the trophies and success, but make no mistake, our new stadium is pi$$in them off. Some of them might not admit it, but it is.

We have had nothing to smile about since 1995.
We may be up to our eyes in debt, we may never compete with them or anyone challenging for honours ever again in my lifetime.

So, with that, I’m claiming this one as a trophy

This is the famous Dortmond stadium the yellow wall, as some have said without fans in the stadium you don't get the true feeling of what it is actually going to be like.

So some of our fans need to chill, it is going to be amazing when completed and there is a full house

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_143409_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_143409_Google.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back