New Everton Stadium

60,000, minimum.
The man himself has stressed how much he loves Goodison and that there will be no compromise to the stadium but it just doesn't get through...

if it wasn't for him and his updates we'd have no clue what is actually going on.He's actually courteous enough to respond to questions but i think today he's learned not to be so naive due to a section of our brain dead fan base

knew there would be a catch

commonwealth games so they want a running track? no wonder the council agreed to a deal knew there would be something!

a running track would ruin the stadium and for what? a week of a competition no one cares about? pathetic

Has anyone considered that the CW games bid might assist the building of the new stadium. The bid looks very half arsed and not that serious but it could be key to get planning and infrastructure approval that may have been opposed unless all the city was behind it!

It's just funny how Durban is stripped of the CWG in March then days later we announce a new stadium..

The council knew in March they were going to bid once they found that out, so announced our stadium, it all makes sense

The Etihad Stadium was used for the Commonwealth games and it's boss.

The only problem with it is its capacity, which is why Man City's owners have got planning permission for a massive expansion.

I think people underestimate the dimensions of a running track. Even if it was built on a raised platform over the lower seats the stadium would have to have quite gently sloping stands for this to work. You couldn't do it in a stadium like Dortmund's with it's steep intimidating stands.
Correct for me too.

The Etihad Stadium was used for the Commonwealth games and it's boss.

The only problem with it is its capacity, which is why Man City's owners have got planning permission for a massive expansion.
Thing is mate, only 3 sides were built prior to the CWG, so they could build the permanent 4th side after the games.(Think the level of the track was higher too)
We can't do that if JA letter is right as we'll aready be playing there in 21/22 season.

Thing is if this helps Everton get a great stadium with great transport links...etc im all for it, i dont believe for a second that it will ruin the design and lets be honest, no metter what they come up with there will be someone moaning about it anyway. Theres not a chance we will end up with anything like West Ham and even City is a bit to far from the pitch for me.

If we build a 60k stadium and they put in a temporary athletics track, it simply means less seats for the games as "ground level" will be raised. And, if it is a four stand config as has been rumoured.....then the four corners may give scope for additional temporary seating. No need to panic.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back