New Everton Stadium Discussion

My heart sank when I read the Everton Shareholders communique. They are a conservative organisation not given to cage rattling and Kenwright et al have bled out info to them first knowing it'd do the rounds. It's not disinformation so much as pacifying non-information, and that combined with the no show of this promised prospectus a few months back has me thinking.

Yeah me too. There's no way they'd have said about shortly releasing that document in July 2017 if they didn't already have a working version of it, certainly close to final draft. I think they were hoping Liverpool would stay in the running for the CG (shows actually that the running track fears dismissed by @DerbyshireAndHarper et al. were actually well founded) and this would be the route into some nice funding. Now that has been thrown out, at best the document is needing a serious re-write, at worst, it's gone in the bin entirely.

Yeah me too. There's no way they'd have said about shortly releasing that document in July 2017 if they didn't already have a working version of it, certainly close to final draft. I think they were hoping Liverpool would stay in the running for the CG (shows actually that the running track fears dismissed by @DerbyshireAndHarper et al. were actually well founded) and this would be the route into some nice funding. Now that has been thrown out, at best the document is needing a serious re-write, at worst, it's gone in the bin entirely.
They may well have sipped from Joe Anderson's jug of moonshine and thought the CWG was a goer. But an A and B document must have been prepared to adjust to any bid decision.

In any case, the announcement that the CWGs bid had failed came before the last word from Everton about releasing a key principles document "shortly".

There really is no excuse for the delay.

In all honestly, I think they were hoping that we'd start the season well / confirm next round of the Europa League and quietly wind the scheme down.

Now they'll be worried about causing massive fume by combining another failure (and even more public than usual) with the horrible slop on show on the pitch.

lol

Great reading seeing you 2 making assertions about what the club have been doing.

Where is your evidence for the 'failure' of the new Stadium? Is it because Dan Meis hasn't bothered to inform you both in the past month?

lol

Great reading seeing you 2 making assertions about what the club have been doing.

Where is your evidence for the 'failure' of the new Stadium? Is it because Dan Meis hasn't bothered to inform you both in the past month?

It's more what the club haven't been doing, as per their own timelines

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/page-2471#post-5838699

As we've actually said, it's the suspicion of another failure, rather than saying it has failed.

Maybe the Club will update us this week? Who can really tell. But currently, it looks bad, so I can understand your panicky post.

It's more what the club haven't been doing, as per their own timelines

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/page-2471#post-5838699

As we've actually said, it's the suspicion of another failure, rather than saying it has failed.

Maybe the Club will update us this week? Who can really tell. But currently, it looks bad, so I can understand your panicky post.

I'm not the one panicking, because given how you and DaveK are scaremongering with seemingly little knowledge, other than that the club have not provided day by day updates, it is you two who are doing just that.

I have seen evidence with my own eyes of Stadium related info previously so I know that the club are seriously making every attempt to deliver a successful new Stadium.

Haven't seen anything for a while, so I won't try and claim that it is a certainty because I imagine only those who are truly heavily involved know. If it fails, I will happily (or grudgingly, as I will be gutted) apologise to you for being so confident that the Stadium move will happen.

I'm not the one panicking, because given how you and DaveK are scaremongering with seemingly little knowledge, other than that the club have not provided day by day updates, it is you two who are doing just that.

I have seen evidence with my own eyes of Stadium related info previously so I know that the club are seriously making every attempt to deliver a successful new Stadium.

Haven't seen anything for a while, so I won't try and claim that it is a certainty because I imagine only those who are truly heavily involved know. If it fails, I will happily (or grudgingly, as I will be gutted) apologise to you for being so confident that the Stadium move will happen.

Oh I don't dispute you have seen it, and at some point the club and partners have been serious.

But a gloomier economic outlook, challenges at the Council and the loss of the CG may have changed the landscape - a landscape that may no longer be a world class stadium on the Docks

Oh I don't dispute you have seen it, and at some point the club and partners have been serious.

But a gloomier economic outlook, challenges at the Council and the loss of the CG may have changed the landscape - a landscape that may no longer be a world class stadium on the Docks

We will see.

I don't think the CG was ever something the club wanted personally, I think that it was Joe Anderson who wanted that to work, but that is just an assumption based on the little I did know.

I'll admit, I would like to have heard more updates recently myself, but this is Everton we're talking about, so disappointment is something i've learned to accept, like many others.

But I don't think it's fair to start making out like the club are about to fail, and aren't doing their best to make this work, unless you actually have some solid evidence of the project failing.

'The loss of the CG' was hardly important with regard to the stadium. It has been obvious from the beginning of the CG bidding that Birmingham would be the UK choice. The weight of the London based 'vote' always preferred Birmingham...the rest were also rans and rank outsiders. Anyone who based decisions on Evertons stadium on the CG vote was going along the wrong road.