New Everton Stadium Discussion

Of course it is about the stadium.

Unless I am reading it wrong the Council are going to set “height limits” to the buildings in order to satisfy UNESCO.

Until we know his high the buildings can be then we do not know how thus will impact on the proposed new stadium.

And Peel saying there is “no likelihood” of it going as originally planned raises further questions.

This is all very pertinent to our dream of moving down by the river.

I appreciate your input but it is doing nowt to quell my fears I am afraid :(
the stadium wasn't even in peels initial plans, the original drawings etc never had a stadium n them

Unless I am reading it wrong the Council are going to set “height limits” to the buildings in order to satisfy UNESCO.

Until we know his high the buildings can be then we do not know how thus will impact on the proposed new stadium.

And Peel saying there is “no likelihood” of it going as originally planned raises further questions.

It's not about the stadium. Peel have nothing to do with our build now we have reserved the land, so their plans having to be changed is diddly squat to do with us. That is do with the skyline changing and having so many high rise buildings. Our stadium could easily be as tall as what the park end is now with the lower tier recessed into the dock. Which means it would be barely noticeable!

Can just imagine Meis, Bill and Suntan sending the BBC link via a whatsapp group, "you seen this Dan?" FFS
22730462_1680854145272675_8071600673672574153_n.jpg

It's not about the stadium. Peel have nothing to do with our build now we have reserved the land, so their plans having to be changed is diddly squat to do with us. That is do with the skyline changing and having so many high rise buildings. Our stadium could easily be as tall as what the park end is now with the lower tier recessed into the dock. I.e. barely noticeable.
And let's be honest the height restrictions are hardly going to be anything less than he liverbuilding

This thread is bloody hard work. This whole WHS status has been known as an 'issue' for absolutely ages now and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on here. It's becoming increasingly difficult to figure out whose heads are genuinely falling off over what is pretty much a non-story, and who is just chatting wham to wind people up lol.

I have reservations myself as to whether or not this move will go ahead, but UNESCO piping up is the least of my worries.

They're about to go on site with a 35 storey building so as mentioned, the height issue is nothing to do with the stadium. And the comment referring to the initial plans has already been explained.

They're about to go on site with a 35 storey building so as mentioned, the height issue is nothing to do with the stadium. And the comment referring to the initial plans has already been explained.
Well said , Infinity on Leeds Street is about to start which is 39 storeys and over the road you’ve got Ovatus 1 + 2 which go up to 48 storeys, so like you say this may be more of an appeasement excercise by the council.
There was already a height limit in the original outline planning permission and like what was said by the council at the time if it’s thousands of jobs and investment versus heritage status then it’s jobs all day long.

He's right to question it, in fairness. How long's it been now and they're still doing fan questionnaires on Facebook!

Personally , I just can't see the project getting off the ground. The latest world heritage garbage just adds to my scepticism .

That is a right buggar mate. That flipping UNESCO needs to do one

Well said , Infinity on Leeds Street is about to start which is 39 storeys and over the road you’ve got Ovatus 1 + 2 which go up to 48 storeys, so like you say this may be more of an appeasement excercise by the council.
There was already a height limit in the original outline planning permission and like what was said by the council at the time if it’s thousands of jobs and investment versus heritage status then it’s jobs all day long.

I think a while back they were saying buildings up to 44 storeys were acceptable in Central Docks, I can't see that being a problem considering they're about to start on a 35 storey building much closer to the Liver Building.
If anything, it may mean the exterior of the stadium will have to be spot on to appease UNESCO, it's potentially good news if it's put that way.