New Everton Stadium Discussion

O

Oh wow that's a new level of conspiracy, its an article on the BBC about Peels original plans (No Stadium) the club aren't even mentioned in the article, yet were going to use it to get out of the move? think you might need to take your tinfoil hat off its addling your brain
He loves a good play does Orly

I deal with reality. Cast iron reality. Having a go at UNESCO for doing what it's there to do is like barking at the moon.

These people who own Everton now are repeating the disastrous stadium policies of the past as far as I see it.

Lets face it, it doesn't look great does it?:

Club have to scrap plan to attract private investors and rely on public loans
Council tied up in knots over retaining or ditching WHS
Council leader pushing the scheme a busted flush locally and dragged in for police questioning
I wouldn’t say you deal with cast iron reality at all. Moshiri has said that we WILL have a stadium when interviewed regarding BMD and you just brush over that fact because you have an agenda and you won’t budge from it.

Who said we’ve scrapped a plan to attract private investors? We’ve got one of the World’s top accountants at the club. He has decided to get the council on board as he has a growing interest in the city of Liverpool. Again, doesn’t fit your agenda to mention this.

Anderson wasn’t ‘dagged in’ - the case isn’t even against him. He was interviewed under caution as whatever he said could be then used as evidence. A complete non-story that’s not even making headlines.

As I say, you’re a weird Everton fan. You want it to fail, don’t you? You’re more concerned about looking right than this project being a success. It’s pathetic.

The mad man who shouts the world is going to end is going to be right one day. It’s easy to pick the negative and make out you’re the fountain of knowledge.

This thread is bloody hard work. This whole WHS status has been known as an 'issue' for absolutely ages now and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on here. It's becoming increasingly difficult to figure out whose heads are genuinely falling off over what is pretty much a non-story, and who is just chatting wham to wind people up lol.

I have reservations myself as to whether or not this move will go ahead, but UNESCO piping up is the least of my worries.

Unfortunately there are some supporters that after so many let downs in the past 25-30 years, no longer trust the club to deliver on this project. That is understandable to an extent but they have to appreciate that there are going to be hurdles to overcome along the way, like in any major project of this magnitude. Building a 60K Stadium in a key area of the City is not just going to happen with a click of a finger and with no potential obstacles. I think they should avoid being overly negative after reading articles like this though and acknowledge that this is something that has been known to the club and all involved for a while.

Then there are others who seem to be all but wishing for the stadium move to collapse so they can carry on moaning repeatedly and criticising the club. Sadly more than one of them on this thread and are desperate to get an "I told you so" moment regarding BMD not happening.

I don't think anything has happened that changes anything. We have not moved forwards or back. The UNESCO issue has been talked about since this project was first mooted and yet both council and club have decided to move forward. This tells me that it is felt that whatever objections arise are not insurmountable.

We all know that when a snippet of news erupts we will see the same five or six posters put a relentless negative spin.

They may be right or wrong, but from what I have seen over a long period they are simply voicing a personal opinion , no more no less, and you can accept or reject as you see fit.

I think there may be one or two posters on here who do possibly know more than most but are rightly cautious in what they can disclose. It may be they are just more familiar with how projects of this magnitude develop rather than having knowledge of this specific development. I am probably thinking of @Jacko93 more than anybody

I wouldn’t say you deal with cast iron reality at all. Moshiri has said that we WILL have a stadium when interviewed regarding BMD and you just brush over that fact because you have an agenda and you won’t budge from it.

Who said we’ve scrapped a plan to attract private investors? We’ve got one of the World’s top accountants at the club. He has decided to get the council on board as he has a growing interest in the city of Liverpool. Again, doesn’t fit your agenda to mention this.

Anderson wasn’t ‘dagged in’ - the case isn’t even against him. He was interviewed under caution as whatever he said could be then used as evidence. A complete non-story that’s not even making headlines.

As I say, you’re a weird Everton fan. You want it to fail, don’t you? You’re more concerned about looking right than this project being a success. It’s pathetic.

The mad man who shouts the world is going to end is going to be right one day. It’s easy to pick the negative and make out you’re the fountain of knowledge.
I admire your enthusiasm, even though it's misplaced...and I think you know it, despite all your breast beating and one-upmanship.

It's not worth thinking it won't happen every time you notice a potential roadblock... we were getting obstacles constantly for years before we finally got everything out of the way. Delay after delay after delay, but with persistance eventually it will happen for sure.

At worst the design might have to be reconsidered unless it has already been designed with the heritage status in mind.

Some of our delays were to do with disputes over listed buildings. There were some Spurs fans calling similar doomsday scenarios as I see on here, but it was just a matter of the club taking the time to work through the problems. It's just a natural consequence of English cities being old.