New Everton Stadium Discussion

central govt have already said they arent interested n calling it in as it fits with local regeneration rules.
That was for the original Liverpool Waters master plan which didn't involve a massive stadium on a listed dock, let alone one significantly funded by the (labour)council and promoted by a prominent critic of government policy on, well, just about everything.

If this doesn't get called in then no project ever will again

Boss that, could cart that Sistine Chapel over as well and turn it into a bar.

All I know is that, since the day a new stadium was mooted (seems like decades now), I've heard constant moans of people not wanting a "soulless bowl". Something along those lines would add a lot of character as long as it's done tastefully. Stained glass is obviously associated with places of worship...well, muh'fukkas can come prostrate themselves at the foot of Everton Football Club then. It's not like it hasn't been happening for longer than most of us have been alive.

That was for the original Liverpool Waters master plan which didn't involve a massive stadium on a listed dock, let alone one significantly funded by the (labour)council and promoted by a prominent critic of government policy on, well, just about everything.

Then I guess no project ever will then.

what's that got to do with it? The regeneration minutiae are irrelevant. This is when things get called in
Called-in applications
The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government has the power to take over (‘call in’) planning applications rather than letting the local authority decide. The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

Why would a football stadium instead of an office/housing block not fit in with regeneration programmes.

Do I really need to list each and every way the Tory party sacrificed common sense and the economic interests of the people of this city (and indeed the wider region) on the alter of party politics and ideology during that decade?
Not at all, but I'm genuinely scratching my head as to why you think it has any bearing whatsoever on the stadium.

Why would the government call this in? It's perfect for them, they put zero in and let the council and investors to take on all the risks. The LCC being proactive in "invest to earn" as the government make cuts to the budget. Not a very good message to send out by the government if they call this in: 'We cut all your budgets and force you to find ways to earn, but when you do, we'll call in major regeneration projects', nah.

Not at all, but I'm genuinely scratching my head as to why you think it has any bearing whatsoever on the stadium.
The point is that the governing party, who have the right to call significant projects such as this in for review, have strong form, both recent and longer term, when it comes to making irrational decisions if it gives them an opportunity to give Labour a black eye.

It's ok to believe that won't happen or wouldn't normally happen, all I'm saying is that we as a club and as a city have plenty of reason to know better than to hope for that.

For what it's worth, i'd be confident any project of this nature would eventually be waived through. The main issue with it being called in is that we would loose control of the timeframe.

Anyone else sick to death of all the talk and no action.

Dan Meiss seems to have been around for yonks now talking about it. He’s not produced any actual drawings or owt.

Wish people would just shut their traps and just get on with the bloody thing.

Typical Everton making it so long and drawn out that everyone gets sick and tired of it.

Everton are so boring. They strangle the life out of everything.

Pull your fingers out of your collective bum holes and get to work for gods sake.

Regards,
One unhappy Bully.

Do I really need to list each and every way the Tory party sacrificed common sense and the economic interests of the people of this city (and indeed the wider region) on the alter of party politics and ideology during that decade?
I assume you do know that is was a Tory government that got the whole water front redevelopment started with the regeneration of the Albert dock.

Where is all this opposition to the plans that some keep mentioning?, there may be some opposition to the financing agreement but hardly any to the actual plans, and the finance agreement will still be sorted

Anyone else sick to death of all the talk and no action.

Dan Meiss seems to have been around for yonks now talking about it. He’s not produced any actual drawings or owt.

Wish people would just shut their traps and just get on with the bloody thing.

Typical Everton making it so long and drawn out that everyone gets sick and tired of it.

Everton are so boring. They strangle the life out of everything.

Pull your fingers out of your collective bum holes and get to work for gods sake.

Regards,
One unhappy Bully.

Just a little longer to wait mate.. we’ve waited this long a month (approx) will be a doddle.