New Everton Stadium Discussion

Hotel, bars, museum, car park space.

Maybe not for a few years, but it'll be an obvious investment if we're successful down there.

Can you imagine Chelsea, United, City or Liverpool not doing such a thing?

@davek playing the long game here. After the stadium looking like it is going ahead after all, he seems to be setting his sights on something else, something that he knows definitely won't happen so as to remain dissapointed with Everton.

Replacing one 20+ year frustration with another.

I can only admire your dedication to Misery Dave.

@davek playing the long game here. After the stadium looking like it is going ahead after all, he seems to be setting his sights on something else, something that he knows definitely won't happen so as to remain dissapointed with Everton.

the place wouldn't be the same without him

New to posting….. yes. Not new on the forum and been reading it for years. I’m sure the mods can provide the dates.

It used to be a fun forum with some very funny people posting. Unfortunately there are posters here that posting as a matter of fact posts, shooting everyone else‘s opinion down. These people need to look up the definition of a forum, I’m sure they would find out it is a base where likeminded Evertonians can have a sensible debate and discussion with no right or wrong and no childish name calling !

I’m too long in the tooth to play childish games and as S of S would suggest I’ve been a blue for a very long time.
You Are new aren't you:)

I get what you are saying regarding waiting lists... however... what I have found about that is these people who are on them are alrite just doing that... being on them... when it comes to the crunch and they are actually asked to stump up the cash for a season ticket then that becomes and entirely different kettle of fish...
Me to a tee.
I'm provisionally down for 4, but that was under the circumstances of 2014...how time flies.

Now? Who knows

I notice that the trial period of safe standing starts today at various grounds.
If it goes successful the intention is to green light it for next season, if I understand it correctly.
If there are no problems ,and I don’t envisage any , I presume our standing area’s are virtually guaranteed to be included?
I am looking forward to having the terrace back but slightly disappointed that it won’t be around the entire ground.

I notice that the trial period of safe standing starts today at various grounds.
If it goes successful the intention is to green light it for next season, if I understand it correctly.
If there are no problems ,and I don’t envisage any , I presume our standing area’s are virtually guaranteed to be included?
I am looking forward to having the terrace back but slightly disappointed that it won’t be around the entire ground.
In its current manifestations in Europe, very few stadia have safe standing across the entire ground; there still needs to be flexibility for those who want to sit.

Still, I know that if safe standing is introduced at BMD then I'll be wanting to be stood there.

In its current manifestations in Europe, very few stadia have safe standing across the entire ground; there still needs to be flexibility for those who want to sit.

Still, I know that if safe standing is introduced at BMD then I'll be wanting to be stood there.
Yeah that is true unfortunately.
On a personal note, like most I suspect, I ended up sitting where I used to stand, in the paddock. Since ,if I recall correctly , the standing areas are behind the goals It means I would have to sacrifice my viewing position to return to the terrace.
Difficult decision ahead.

Yeah that is true unfortunately.
On a personal note, like most I suspect, I ended up sitting where I used to stand, in the paddock. Since ,if I recall correctly , the standing areas are behind the goals It means I would have to sacrifice my viewing position to return to the terrace.
Difficult decision ahead.
Oh, definitely. Where I 'sit' at the moment, most people stand including myself and it's the way I like it. However, there are times where we sit so it's flexible.

The issue I have for the future is that my youngest may struggle to see in a safe-standing area as now I either hold him or he stands on his seat to see.

That option will be gone if the seat is locked up and he won't be that tall in time, but we both enjoy the atmosphere and the people we're with.

But, but, but Jacko, here's you back in 2016 on this thread....

so the new goodison could be a shopping mall/nightclub that just happens to host a football match every other week..

hmmmmmmm

Imagine a Friday night match and watching the game, then immediately going out, buying some new threads and getting lashed without having to miss the final whistle or a single minute of drinking time. Then stay over in the hotel next door. Wake up in the morning, go for breakfast, find a pub on the doorstep to watch the early Saturday game and start again, all by walking the grand total of approx 279ft (stumbling not accounted for)

If we want to become the most synonymous with the city, we should become the centre of the city.

It will be our complex. We will invite others in.

I'm not saying this as fact btw, I have no idea. I hope its true though.
:coffee:

Oh, definitely. Where I 'sit' at the moment, most people stand including myself and it's the way I like it. However, there are times where we sit so it's flexible.

The issue I have for the future is that my youngest may struggle to see in a safe-standing area as now I either hold him or he stands on his seat to see.

That option will be gone if the seat is locked up and he won't be that tall in time, but we both enjoy the atmosphere and the people we're with.
Yeah, one of the unlooked for advantages of seating was being able to take my eldest from a young age (it was bench seats originally and the bloke on the gate wouldn’t even let me pay for him). As a result he became a ST holder early on and was able to witness our last triumph at Wembley.
At least he has one good memory to make up for a lifetime of pain ,football wise.