New Everton Stadium

We have an agreement to

So we've gone from the land is purchased, an announcement is coming to there's allegedly an agreement to purchase the land (obviously not you personally).

If this was certain to happen there'd be some evidence for it, if it's not then people really shouldn't have been throwing it around that we're close to an announcement that we'll have a dockside stadium.

It feels as though the club is working towards this as a preferred option but that a lot of stuff is still up in the air (hence the continued reference to alternative sites and confirmation of funding). If land was purchased, Dan Meis onboard doing designs, capacity being discussed, and an announcement due (as some are making out). Why would there not be one shred of evidence anywhere to support this? I'm hoping against all hope I'm wrong but I think some ITKs have led the majority to believe this is further along than it is.

The whole agreement/option on the land at BMD is a curious one.
If an option or purchase had occured in August, or indeed at any date prior to signing the accounts off,would have been included in PBSE note in the accounts (relevant and financially material transaction) imho.
If an agreement with no consideration, still think it would have been in that note.
Something may have happened since, but surely Meis's planned stadium could be placed anywhere.
It'll happen when/if it happens.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back