New Everton Stadium

The whole agreement/option on the land at BMD is a curious one.
If an option or purchase had occured in August, or indeed at any date prior to signing the accounts off,would have been included in PBSE note in the accounts (relevant and financially material transaction) imho.
If an agreement with no consideration, still think it would have been in that note.
Something may have happened since, but surely Meis's planned stadium could be placed amywhere.
It'll happen when/if it happens.

Attachments

• tmp_28885-C53dt7_WcAEVcLE-264262865.webp
    tmp_28885-C53dt7_WcAEVcLE-264262865.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 246
There you go mate...

We should probably be aware that things have changed an awful lot, as they do in many things. A stadium will be designed for Everton and as a football stadium, will not be 'compromised' for the CG. If it wasn't used for the CG though, we'd be missing a trick. There will be no running track around the pitch, Dan Meis has pretty much confirmed that. It doesn't however mean that the stadium can't be used.

Our stadium is not dependent on a successful CG bid, but will, I'm sure, take advantage of one.

The thing is, you need to understand that this whole stadium malarkey is a marathon not a sprint. Get the slightest thing wrong and somebody will be in for the high jump. Either that or they'll be shot. This is just another hurdle we need to overcome to get ourselves to the winning line.
Yes I think there's a lot more to discuss :cheers:

If we are unsuccessful in a CG bid, it won't mean the stadium will not be getting built, but if we are, then we'll have a stadium to be put to use for it and gain income/financial benefits from it.
I doubt that there's much money in having a few CG events at the ground.

Where would it come from? Gate receipts? Catering?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back