New Everton Stadium

I'm surprised we don't really know anything. How many people ACTUALLY know? We know the board know, several members of the council know & Jim White knows. Even his guest yesterday (Mail sports writer?) said he has seen stuff so I would imagine similar types would too. Dan Meis clearly knows as does his colleagues & many people at Peel will know too. Anyone involved with planning infrastructure would at worst have seen a mock up plan or idea or been told something to work around. The company that builds the models for the architect would know. I'm sure I'm missing many people who would have a better real idea of what is going to be our new home. How the hell is it still a relative secret?? All we know is that we are seriously looking at a dock site ( but not exclusively) & Dan Meis is the architect. I can't believe this many people can keep a secret this well. Who else would know? We need to work out the weakest then squeeze them for info !!
David Downie who i think works for radio city and broke the USM deal on twitter has tweeted tonight 16th or 17th March for BMD announcement

Dan Meis has piped up on Twitter again...

20170309_223732-877x1141.webp

Maybe turn it back into a recreational park or garden and keep the pitch. I'm sure the people around the area would appreciate a bit of green space there. I know if they do decide to demolish the ground I wont be able to watch.

I am sure you speak for all of us with that last sentence. Yes we as a club desperately need to move to a stadium befitting of a top club with ambition to attract the best. The modern game sadly left our stadium behind, as it has many a club. Our neighbours are so desperate to cling onto theirs but building a monstrosity, meccanno stand is not going to help them stay relevant as the game continues to chase corporate and individuals vast wealth.

Goodison will always be the most special of places. My late father taking me to the ground on my birthday after we had just won the league, and a club official giving us both a private tour of the place, will always be one of my happiest memories.

Just a thought, but we should transport the Goodison pitch (bit by bit) to Bramley Moore. That would be fitting, especially to all those who have had loved ones ashes sprinkled on there over the years. Can it be done?
I'm sure the club have thought of that and the ashes of evertonians will be respectfully relocated to the new location.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back