New Everton Stadium

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/176852

Here you go Mikey. I especially like the bit that states:
BM is a special place as our kids normally like to play in and around the area, people walking their dogs as well as kite flying lessons.

I think someone needs to contact social services and ask why this fella is allowing is kids to wonder down from Anfield to play in a dock that is secured private proprty, in use and has large vehicles passing through it on a daily basis.

AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA

What utter rubes they are

Bitter, deluded melts who can't take it that we might be on the up

Delicious

I will say this, I'm not opposed to bowl stadiums outright, but if you are doing one you need to get it right otherwise it can be soulless

Wonder if there would be a way of building the corporate boxes in the 4 corners of the ground. So that it's fully closed in, but we can still have 4 distinguishable stands with their own identities.

upload_2017-3-10_13-8-27.webp

Bramley Moore Dock - Why wouldn't you want your kids to play here??

Sign the petition and think of the children

BM is a special place as our kids normally like to play in and around the area, people walking their dogs as well as kite flying lessons.

I think someone needs to contact social services and ask why this fella is allowing is kids to wonder down from Anfield to play in a dock that is secured private proprty, in use and has large vehicles passing through it on a daily basis.
I laughed at that too.

I don't bother reading that paper, so can't be upset by it.

Seriously, how is writing into a letters page going to effect anything so why be upset about it?????

You're right here of course, I don't read it either, hence it coming from a tweet I saw.

I suppose my annoyance comes from the fact that our local paper should be championing this potentially huge move, and instead we're getting negged and trolled by them.

Seriously mate, wind your neck in. I know a few fans who would prefer to redevelop Goodison.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint makes them a kopite.
In some ways I understand someone wanting to redevelop Goodison. It's Goodison FFS!

I grew up in L4 and it'll be sad to see Everton move but for me the BM dock is head and shoulders above the other options.

The ones I take issue with are those who seem to favour Stonebridge Cross in the East Lancs. Bizzare to me.

What's the building on the right of that picture and is it part of the BMD?

No, that's warehousing in Wellington Dock. It's up for redevelopment, they've just developed some at Canada and I'm pretty sure that's on the list. I'd have to read the master plan to see.

Bottom right of BMD, small on the picture but noticeable is the old hydraulic tower, that's a listed building which needs to be kept

Edit - top right there is small warehousing which is currently in use but I believe they have agreed to move to new premises, can't think of the name of the company who lets that space

I'm not often lost for words when discussing those weird mutants, but here I am.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back