New Everton Stadium

all this CW games talk has been rife for months now hasn't it. something is fishy here, as Durban was inline to host it, now all of a sudden after months of hearsay, Durban cant do it and Liverpool is being touted as the next best venue.

almost as if the powers that be have known for the last 6 months or more that the games were always coming to Liverpool.

Dare I say it, I'm thinking that any news about our new ground is going to coincide with news of the CW games being announced, whether or not that impacts on the timeframe and design of the new stadium remains to be seen, but I'm sure it will have a big effect on it.

Are you implying that the Commonwealth games have been bought and paid for by Iran and Uzbekistan? Perhaps they want to join the Commonwealth... :p

@Barca Blue there was this from a few years ago, I don't know if this is the same as you've mentioned though

Liverpool AND Everton
A Merseyside consortium put forward this weird 'Siamese stadium' plan back in 2010. The two arenas – one for Liverpool, one for Everton – would have shared a "central spine", which could have brought some savings in construction.

Unsurprisingly, this proved not to be much of a goer.

siamese-stadium-liverpool.jpg

One our ground the other a track / concert venue .......would need more area than BM offers.......We know that Liverpool is getting CWG....did Mosh b4 he bought us ??????

No itk but just heard of a Mersey 8 complex ......anyone else heard this ??
Mersey 8 Complex is a psychological disorder that manifests itself as an intense fear of falling over, or slipping, at a career defining moment, resulting in immense failure. There is no recovery for this, and sadly, (or not), the person suffering from this disorder is subject to intense ridicule for many years afterwards.

Mersey 8 Complex is a psychological disorder that manifests itself as an intense fear of falling over, or slipping, at a career defining moment, resulting in immense failure. There is no recovery for this, and sadly, (or not), the person suffering from this disorder is subject to intense ridicule for many years afterwards.
Unfortunately I can only give one 'like' for this.
Deserved more.

I think you don't quite understand Jim Whites use.

He's being used to promote us. Get us mentioned on the radio. People listen to Talksport across the world.
A new born chimp can understand Jim White's role here mate.

However, my point is that if everything that he "scoops" has been utter fluff, which so far in the last 12 months has as nothing has eventuated, it becomes embarrassing to the point that the football world will start laughing at us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back